PFB+ Basketball Recruiting Thread 2.1 #LutzWork (Part 1)

@marshall, can we get a one-day suspension for this comment?

Telling you…the postseason ban and the scholarship reduction planted doubt in him.

And again, yes, the postseason ban will not affect anybody after this year. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t make them question where the program is, where it’s going, can people be trusted, etc. etc.

I’m deathly afraid he goes to Arkansas now.

2 Likes

piqdis

I went to that game. It haunts me.

1 Like

I will say, however, that if there is a mass exodus of guys into the transfer portal…we could land Anthony Black AND maybe even flip a few guys and convince them they’ll start immediately.

(Very, very strong hopeful thinking there…)

I’ll be there

11 Likes

Yohan Traore, a one-time target of Coach Boynton, committed to LSU. Because Will Wade is untouchable. :disappointed:

No wonder tech is has seen such a rise in the basketball program, they obviously put the money in the facilities.

6 Likes

We gotta get better facilities all around.

2 Likes

At some point other programs are going to suffer if you wanna really compete on a national level. Whether you put money into football or mens basketball. We all know those are the income makers. We love that OSU is competitive in all sports, but at some point I feel like a decision is going to have to be made, a very very tough decision.

4 Likes

12 Likes

I freaking hate autocorrect sometimes when I have a great thought. :joy:

6 Likes

Totally agree

But autocorrect fail compilations are one of the things that can make me laugh til it hurts though. There are some epic ones.

1 Like

We do good.

5 Likes

Sure sounds like if he gets a committable offer from Kansas that would be his priority. Which I can’t blame a high schooler for.

Huge contingency of KU fans in Bartlesville as well.

I think he ends up in Stillwater.

Article on Anthony Black posted on 247 today:

“Things are starting to become clearer," Black said. “As I am getting a chance to watch the schools play and seeing what they do, everything is starting to play out.”

The schools who seem to be in contention for his commitment are Arkansas, Georgia, Gonzaga, Memphis, Oklahoma State and TCU. All the signs point towards a head-to-head battle between the Zags and the Pokes while Rod Strickland and the G-League will remain active in their approach until May.

What he had to say on OSU: “The ability to have a big role on the team as a freshman sticks out. I will be able to play with the ball in my hands and have the trust of the coaching staff that I will be able to win games. That is what Mike Boynton is telling me and that is what is appealing about them.”

With the high school postseason approximately taking place in a week, Black knows that his commitment date is coming sooner than later.

“We are getting close to making a decision,” Black said. “We do not have a set time or date yet but we definitely are getting close.”

When discussing the factors that will go into his decision, Black says, “I just want to go somewhere where I can play with the ball in my hands and have a big role on the team. I want to be able to play how I play without having to be worried about making mistakes.”

9 Likes