PFB+ Basketball Recruiting Thread 2.1 #LutzWork (Part 1)

Ugh, I will despise Tech if they get him.

I would have to check. He originally played for TCU so I think he is a DFW kid. Wouldnā€™t be shocked if we offered him back then.

EDIT: he was from Houston and he committed to TCU in 2016 but was a 2018 recruit so no one really talked to him out of high school.

1 Like

He would be my 1a with Ramey, maybe even 1 over Ramey.

1 Like

No matter. I think you already despise Tech :wink:

2 Likes

I think most of us do. Is Sean still on staff there?

1 Like

He is unless something has changed this off-season

2 Likes

So everyone can keep up, here are the guys in the portal weā€™ve contacted that havenā€™t committed elsewhere/cut us from their list:

-Jaelin Llewelyn (Princeton CG)
-Caleb Asberry (Texas State Wing)
-Keeshawn Barthelemy (Colorado PG)
-Sean Durugordon (Missouri Wing)
-Courtney Ramey (Texas PG)
-Norchad Omier (Arkansas State F/C)
-Marcus Hammond (Niagara Wing)

Out of this list, based on things Iā€™ve read, Durugordon seems likely to end up at Rhode Island. Llewelyn is visiting a few schools with no mention of us in a while. Omier has Kentucky going after him hard, recently visited Miami and is visiting WVU soon. Donā€™t think heā€™s a realistic option

2 Likes

Sounds like heā€™s on the Perry Ellis plan. Haha!

Random comment, but we offered this dude last year, in July:

It appears we were the third school to offer him. Now all of a sudden, other schools are jumping on board. He has received some offers in the last few days (247 hasnā€™t updated that info yet).

It just goes to show how good at this Coach Boynton is, even if he doesnā€™t land these guys. He is well ahead of the rest of the pack. Now, to be fair, 6ā€™11", 240-lb dudes donā€™t come along often, so a lot of schools will eventually offer him simply because everyone else is. Nevertheless, Coach B knows a good thing when he sees it well before others do.

3 Likes

I miss the bedlam bell trophy. The current trophy triesā€¦

2 Likes

Would be a very solid addition.

2 Likes

Ok, I thought I remembered this guy. He played at K-State during the Covid year.

7 Likes

Cool write up. A few things:

1.) Booth and Cooper have gotten even more offers since the weekend, if I remember correctly. Been seeing a lot of Verbal Commits tweet notifications.
2.) Thereā€™s a dude that plays for that Middlesex Magic team, named JP Estrella. He apparently had a BIG weekend, and has been getting offers left and right.

2 Likes

Added a few more offers to Booth and Cooper

1 Like

Zayden High and Milan Momcilovic went off in Orlando. Neither have OSU offers, but itā€™s probably too late at this point anyway.

1 Like

Yup! Zayden High is another name Iā€™ve been seeing a lot.

I feel like Coach B should offer Estrella:

No Big 12 teams have offered him yet.

3 Likes

Estrella is a Maine native. Plays one city over from me and is friends with my brother, so Iā€™d love to have him on the team lol

9 Likes

Hopefully Larry Blunt can work some magic on a guy from Canada. The only thing Iā€™ve been thinking is that we only have one starting spot to offer to a guard, and thatā€™s at point. You can pencil AA, BT, Cisse, and then Woody or Tyreek as a starter. Itā€™ll be tough to get any wings that only have a year left if I had to guess

1 Like