PFB+ Basketball Recruiting Thread 2.1 #LutzWork (Part 1)

Why would Rondel leave, though? Can it strictly be blamed on Pastrana tampering…or is he upset with the way things played out this season?

He may just honestly have been promised a starting role. You can see by the commentary above that he’s not looked at as a clear cut starter here.

2 Likes

He probably wouldn’t be the starter until next season or even his 4th year. Which is odd. I think we all forget that he was a mid-to-high 4-star. Most teams he would’ve probably started year 2…? So maybe he is upset about that.

man i hope this smoke around Rondel fades.

He’s easily the most entertaining player to watch and my favorite on the team.

10 Likes

depending on who stays he would start, I can guarantee you Florida is not guaranteeing him he will start

not many players are the caliber to go and be a starter straight away at another school

2 Likes

I listed to the first ~half of the Boynton radio show from a week or so ago (this was after Iowa State but before Texas Tech). Had Likekele and BW on the show as well for (at the time) upcoming Senior Day recognition. Boynton talked a lot about the character of those two guys… doing things right, showing up on time, etc. I extrapolated/assumed - perhaps VERY UNFAIRLY - that the “showing up on time” comment might apply to Kalib and/or Keylan.

moussa showed up late to the team bus too for bedlam 2.0 this year.

i remember i sucked at being on time in college too

1 Like

Last night I talked to someone who talked to his family. Said they loved their osu visit and he’s leaning towards osu.

10 Likes

From other interviews, Boynton doesn’t promise starting spots.

Florida.

why do people on this board have such a boner for throwing out vague details randomly?

11 Likes

Yes let’s add some context

Ah missed that

2 Likes

Which could also be completely untrue, lol.

9 Likes

The Rondel to Florida conspiracy is a 50/50 IMHO. I said what I said based only on what I was told was on a paid Florida alum/fan board. Yet alum/fan boards (including this one) often throw out “hopes” or “unsubstantiated evidence” as a way to funnel momentum for recruits. Let’s hope this Rondel thing is all just smoke and mirrors and he stays Loyal and True to OSU.

I know we all like Rondel, and his potential, but he was a ghost in a lot of games this year.

3 Likes

He had a really good last month. There was obviously something going on towards the first of the season.

2 Likes

Everyone was a ghost in a lot of games this year lol.

6 Likes

You want my speculation? I think he wanted to start and was pissed about it.

Rondel had a strong finish to last season, why wouldn’t he want that?