PFB+ Basketball Thread 2.0

Chandler Morris is already on campus at TCU apparently, there is literally nothing stopping him from giving out team secrets (and if he isnt at TCU yet he is still in contact with the coaches so still nothing stopping him). OU whined that it wasnt fair Baker had to sit out a year because of an interconference transfer as he was a walk on so they got a rule changed.

Also the OU fans who are saying “but Kyler had to sit a year…” yeah, the dude had to sit a year behind a Heisman contender, its not like he was going to see the field anyways that first year. But I guarantee you that if Baker had left and Kyler was ineligible they would have tried to get a rule changed to get him to play.

8 Likes

Video for everyone else

From the Athletic:
"Also working against Riley in the public debate is Oklahoma’s liberal use of the transfer portal in recent years. The Sooners added three transfers from Tennessee this offseason alone — plus another from Arizona — and will surely hope they’re all immediately eligible. Quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Murray both transferred to OU and won the Heisman Trophy. Mayfield came from Texas Tech, another Big 12 school, although he was a walk-on at both programs. Mayfield and Murray sat out a season before being eligible to play for the Sooners. Hurts transferred from Alabama, able to play his lone season in Norman right away as a graduate.

Then there’s the fact that two current members of the Oklahoma coaching staff came directly from opposing Big 12 staffs. Former coach Bob Stoops hired offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh from West Virginia in 2013 and defensive line coach Calvin Thibodeaux from Kansas in 2016."

The coaches! If a coach can do it no problem then so should a student. Stop holding them hostage. Grow up.

12 Likes

Can they legally restrict a kid from going wherever they want?

Not sure. The NCAA could come in and approve his move with the stroke of a pen.

I want to light that guy up. What a sh!tty take on the Ringer!

1 Like

Oof…that was hard to read. But not entirely untrue.

I hope free throw shooting is the main issue they focus on, in the offseason. It can be argued that that’s what led us to lose most of our games this season. The TCU losses can be attributed, in part, to it.

Edit: And turnovers. Definitely turnovers. Improve both of those things, we will be very good next year.

3 Likes

They absolutely lambasted them. Holy sh!t!

1 Like

Uh whoever wrote that didn’t watch the wvu game.

So just like he pulls stats from that game, I can recall the one game where he’s 100% false. Dude can suck eggs.

1 Like

No. But as some others have pointed out, we lost to Oregon State due to issues that have plagued this team all season. Cade shot free throws at roughly an 85% clip. We have guys whose main talent is driving to the basket (Ice, for example), who can’t shoot free throws well. That’s a problem.

Also, Cade had to be clutch because he had to bail us out in some games. If not for him, we lose to ORU…we lose to Wichita State. We never got a game where the entire team is healthy and obliterates the opponent by 20+ (yes, we got the Iowa State game where they won by 21, but Iowa State was severely short-handed).

I’m not saying we aren’t better with him. I’m just saying I still think we make the dance without him. No way we’re as bad as he thinks without him.

6 Likes

That article sums up something a lot of us already knew, this team around him was not ready. And all the shooting that was supposed to be around Cade got hurt

5 Likes

Wasn’t Baker an interconference xfer?

No. He walked on.

1 Like

Oh ya

12 Likes

He was a transfer that technically had to sit out, but they appealed to the NCAA and got that year back.

2 Likes

Lon Kruger just retired btw lol.

7 Likes
7 Likes