PFB+ Cowboy Baseball

Tech actually did this Friday night. The relievers that finished game one were way down staff. They threw their best at us last night when it was still tight. They have been through a ton of pitching injuries, including losing their Sunday starter last week. We’re in a great spot today!

1 Like

Tech is sunk. Their RPI is too low, and they have four games next week with teams 100+ in the RPI. TCU is interesting. I bet they get in because they have a great RPI, even though they have been below average in conference.

Will we get this game in today? How’s the weather?

https://x.com/osubaseball/status/1789729711586959397?s=46&t=obhglWxSKz_tAxhozrCW6Q

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I get that there’s potential for rain throughout the day, but by canceling, we just gave UO the title. Not that they weren’t going to win it next weekend, but at least give yourselves a shot.

Under most circumstances I figure we would have scheduled a double header yesterday, but with commencement and everything associated with it going on, I think it would been hard to get 2 games in. Just a bad weekend to have rain.

It also might have been calculated by Josh to set up pitching. The Houston series starts on Thursday, so Benge could take game one and keep Garcia/Holiday on normal rest. If you take care of business and win all three, you’re the #2 seed and avoid playing Tuesday in Arlington. I’m sure it wasn’t origally thought of that way, but the rain put the possibility in play.

2 Likes
1 Like

D1 had us at 16. I think we’ll either move up to around 12-14 or not host. Sweep houston and win maybe two in the big 12 tournament and we’re hosting. Win 2/3 or less against Houston or have a bad showing next weekend and we’re probably out.

2 Likes

I know we’ve blown the last two Regionals in Stillwater, but I would really like to host. I love watching baseball in that ballpark, and this team is tailor-made for the south winds of June. What do they say? Third time’s the charm!

5 Likes

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times… can’t get fooled again
(They are going to fool me again. If we host I will buy another ticket)

8 Likes

Baseball is such a different game than most other sports. That guy on the mound has so much control over whether a team wins or loses. Matchups are very important, and it’s about getting hot at the right time. Play well enough during the regular season and you get to host. Give it your best from there.

5 Likes

TCU was a prime example of that last year. They got hot end of season and couldn’t lose
What happened this year ?

1 Like

Wake me if they pull it off :wink:

https://x.com/GregSwindell/status/1791214132311495132

This is what they’re dealing with in Texas today. No baseball for the Cowboys tonight. DH starting at 2:30 tomorrow.

Great ASU 247 baseball article which sheds a light on SEC vs all NIL issues.

2 Likes

Tornado warning in the Houston area. Was extremely windy at my house an hour ago. Highway going into Houston (290) is shut down in both directions close to downtown.

2 Likes

There’s part of a roof missing off a downtown hotel.

This series should have been moved to Stillwater.

3 Likes