PFB+ Debate: Tulsa or OKC?

“The first day I came into town, just looking at it, I was really upset that nobody had ever told me about Tulsa,” -Jack White who now has a home in Tulsa

I share his same sentiment. Can’t say that OKC ever grabs me like Tulsa does.

More from Jack White:

“And just to walk around town, it felt so peaceful. And then, lastly, most of all, the art deco architecture of the town was really, really impressive. It just seemed like a town where you wouldn’t expect to see that, how far it is away from everywhere else in the country. To see that kind of art deco influences around town everywhere, it’s beautiful. And I love S.E. Hinton and the Coppola films that were filmed there. There is just so much I love about Tulsa.”

Looks like mine back on the jack white bandwagon again

2 Likes

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

Maybe Tulsa happen?

1 Like

From a suburban OKC rag: https://www.normantranscript.com/ntown/the-tulsa-sound-connection-how-t-town-shaped-oklahoma-s/article_1b7ebaa9-df41-5e66-b122-3119cd466451.html

I didn’t know a PFB+ subscription allowed us to create personal echo chambers

7 Likes

I guess that’s where the Chamber name came from?

9 Likes

Looks like Tulsa won and the debate is settled. Cheers everybody!

I’m shooting from the hip here, but I don’t recall OKC ever being ground zero for one of the worst race massacres America has ever seen. And that’s in addition to retaining streets named after what I would consider “super racists”.

3 Likes

Sorry to disturb your one man circle jerk though

2 Likes

Oh, yes. You’re talking about the streets where we changed the names and a thriving black community.

Happened today:

Stay in touch.

Oh good, it only took a couple generations. Is it still the Brady Theatre?

No, it’s the Tulsa Theater and they still play better music than OKC.

1 Like

You havin a good time there @Dribble ?

2 Likes

I don’t care which city wins. I just hope they both have fun.

12 Likes

Not much else going on brother!

This is one of the more odd personal vendettas I’ve seen in a while.

2 Likes

Don’t get too worked up, they hate to be reminded that OKC is just Dallas Lite.

3 Likes