PFB+ Exclusive: Q&A with Bryson and Blaine Green

Photo via @blainejgreen on Twitter

Last week the Cowboys landed the two top players of their 2021 class thus far in twins Bryson and Blaine Green.

Both wide receivers, Bryson is the No. 250 prospect in the cycle, and Blaine isn’t too far behind at No. 344. I had the chance to chat with them this weekend to discuss their commitment, wide receivers coach turned offensive coordinator Kasey Dunn and how they intend on helping OSU in recruiting.

Marshall Scott: “I usually start with the ‘Why OSU?’ question but for you guys, something I want to know is who was born first?”

Blaine Green: “I was born first. I’m the middle child, so I’m six minutes older than Bryson.”

Scott: “Alright now I’ll ask, what stood out about Oklahoma State to you guys?”

Bryson Green: “I’d say the atmosphere. It felt like home. Coach Dunn, we have a really good relationship with him. He’s gonna be the OC now. His past track record with receivers like Tyreek Hill, [Justin] Blackmon, James Washington. It just seems like a good fit, something that can prepare us for the next level.”

Scott: “You guys were offered when Dunn was just the receivers coach. Did his promotion make OSU’s offer that much more enticing?”

Blaine: “Yes it did. It was already a great, viable option because we loved him as just the wide receivers coach. We love the whole staff really. In his area, I know Coach [Josh] Gonzalez and Coach LoJoe [Lorenzo Joe] in the wide receiver room. We really enjoyed them and their company, and they felt like family. So, even though he was just a wide receivers coach, we really felt good about him, but as soon as he got promoted to offensive coordinator, it really made it more of an option because we’ll know we’ll get the ball because he wants to get it to his guys.”

Scott: “What are some things aside from that that you guys like about Coach Dunn?”

Bryson: “The way he coaches and teaches receivers. We watched all his drills and went to practices and saw all the stuff he does to get his players prepared. He watches boxing, too, and we box. So, we share that common interest.”

Scott: “Just training stuff or have you guys done actual fights?”

Blaine: “Just training.”

Scott: “OSU has a pair of twins already. You guys, I’m sure, know Tracin and Tylan. Did they help in recruiting you at all? Is that kind of a cool link?”

Blaine: “Yeah, it’s a pretty cool link to see almost like a model of what we would look like there. I know, sadly, Tracin isn’t able to play, but I know Tylan is doing big things over there. It just serves as something we can model ourselves by. They have done a couple Zoom calls, FaceTimes with us and just tried to tell us what OSU is all about.”

Scott: “Being two of the top guys in OSU’s class now, do you guys try to help recruit some other guys? Who are guys that you guys want to bring in?”

Bryson: “Of course. Right now I’m trying to bring in Jacoby Jackson from Mansfield Summit because and O-line is something you need as a receiver and a quarterback, but we’re looking at some other guys to get in there.”

Blaine: “Coach and them, I know, they talked about not necessarily bringing a quarterback this year, and in place of a quarterback, they want us to sort of be the ring leaders in recruiting and try to get people there. They’ve sent a couple of guys to us already.”

Scott: “What are some differences in you guys personality-wise? Doesn’t have to be football related. Do one of you guys have a hobby that the other doesn’t necessarily care for?”

Bryson: “We pretty much do the same things. We’re pretty much together all the time. It’s kind of hard to have differences, but I do like some art stuff, and I’m probably going to do some engineering stuff in college.”

Blaine: “In differences we have, I can’t think of them right now because we basically do everything together, but in college, like he said engineering, I think that sounds pretty cool, but I also like animal sciences. So that would be something cool. I might take a different direction in college.”

Scott: “You guys obviously had a lot of opportunities. Was there a talk you guys had that Oklahoma State was going to be the place to be? What was the story of that whenever you guys finally decided?”

Bryson: “We kind of knew a little bit ago, but it was between two schools. It came down to where we think we’ll be most successful and how we would fit in the offense, and Oklahoma State fit that picture. We prayed about it, and that’s the school that stood out to us the most.”

Scott: “Was there ever a chance that you guys would end up at different schools?”

Blaine: “Not really, we’ve always been on the same page. We already knew we were going to go to the same school from the start. Our parents wanted us to, and there was no reason for us to split up.”

Scott: “What do you guys hope to improve on in your senior seasons at Allen?”

Bryson: “I do want to work more on exposing coverages. I want to do that more with our whole offense this year and try to take the reigns of that and talk with our offensive coordinator and quarterback. If we see a DB play a certain coverage, check that that coverage and expose that formation.”

Scott: “So more of the mental game?”

Bryson: “Yeah, more of the real football kind of things.”

7 Likes