PFB+ Exclusive: Q&A with OSU's Latest Commit Logan Nobles

Photo via: @LoganNobles4 on Twitter

Jenks offensive tackle Logan Nobles was the fourth player to commit to Mike Gundy’s 2021 class on Wednesday, joining, Bryson Green, Blaine Green and Cam Smith.

It didn’t take Nobles long to make up his mind, as OSU had offered him June 2, and he committed June 10. On Friday, I had to opportunity to speak with Nobles about his commitment, what he likes about offensive line coach Charlie Dickey and what he does outside of football.

Marshall Scott: “To start, just the broad question: why OSU?”

Logan Nobles: “I’ve always been an OSU fan, so that’s one of the reasons, but besides that, it’s an in-state school. It’s a really good school. Whenever I went there for my visit, it felt like another Jenks. It felt like home I guess you could say. It felt right, and I knew that I would be in good hands with the coaches and the academic staff to take care of me.”

MS: “You committed pretty quickly after your offer, so I kind of figured that was because you were an OSU fan growing up. What are some of your favorite OSU memories?”

LN: "I’ve been to a couple OSU games as a fan. I’ve got two really big ones, every Bedlam game, we’ll go to our neighbor’s house and we’ll sit up there and we’ll root for OSU and we’ll have a big BBQ. It’s just a whole bunch of fun.

“And then my very first OSU game to go to, they were playing I want to say Boise. I’m more than likely wrong on that. That does not sound right, but my dad and my buddy’s dad and my buddy and one of my other friends, we went up there on my buddy’s dad’s RV. We drove up there and stayed overnight. It was just a really cool experience to go through. We were so close to the field. It was just one of those really cool experiences.”

MS: “Can you take me through the story of when you got the call, when you got the offer? I imagine that was a pretty cool moment.”

LN: “It definitely was. I was sitting on the couch with my sister. We were sitting here watching some TV, and I get a FaceTime call from Coach [Charlie] Dickey. I’m like, ‘OK, he normally doesn’t FaceTime me, so this is more than likely gonna be a good call.’ I answer the call out in the garage. I let my sister finish watching TV. I go out in the garage, and he’s like ‘Logan, we’d love to offer you.’ That was such a cool experience. I was filled with joy and everything. Afterward when I told my family and everything, everybody was super excited. They were yelling and congratulating me and everything.”

MS: “You mentioned Coach Dickey was the one who called, what do you like about him?”

LN: “Everything. I know he’s a great football coach the way he talks about the game, and I can just tell that I’m going to enjoy being with him. He’s a great guy. Everybody’s who has told me about Coach Dickey has never had anything bad to say about him.”

MS: “Wednesday was a pretty big day for the program, obviously, four commitments. What was it like to be a part of that and what made you decide to join in on it?”

LN: “I had already been thinking about it throughout the week. We had a family meeting, what I called a family meeting, just to talk about football and about what everybody thinks about me wanting to commit on Wednesday, and everyone agreed with me. It was just kind of a lucky day that four people are going to be a part of the family now. It’s pretty exciting to be a part of something that’s never happened at OSU.”

MS: “Where do you hope to improve in your game most with your season season coming up at Jenks?”

LN: “Really finishing my blocks. I’m good at the very beginning of hooking up with a guy and everything, but just right at the end, I just want to be able to make sure I’m always finishing the guy.”

MS: “What are some of your interests outside of football?”

LN: “I play this sport called Airsoft. It’s like paintball, but I play that quite a bit. I like to fish. I like to be out on the water on a lake or the ocean or a beach or something like that.”

1 Like