PFB+ Football High School ‘Crootin (Part 2)

Yea. You are correct. Our scouting has been really good at WR. But did they play because they must, because of other’s injuries, or purely because of potential?

Who out of 6 you consider as good as Wallace/Washington?

JPR/Boogie comes to mind.

I think green was better than people realize, 2 of our 7 wins last year came directly off of his back. And I still think Shettron (or apparently bray, I guess) can still turn into studs.

I don’t want to call BP a disappointment, because when he gets the ball he’s electric. I think we just haven’t been able to use him the way we need to.

2 Likes

We need to try him out at RB

1 Like

He might die

Stribling

2 Likes

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Xavier-Robinson-at-Carl-Albert-289707/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Xavier Robinson got a CB for Iowa State

Greens did make some spectacular catches at times, still he never learned to muscle his way into position for some catches. Bray and Shetron ( who was getting rave reviews) should bolster our receiver core to be good. Throw in Stribling and the other Greene, plus the Iowa dude, we should have plenty. We do need to bring in a couple of studs this year

1 Like

Man idk about this. Green had a ton of big time contested catches last year. Plus the two TDs where he mossed the dude vs BU and the game winner through all those defenders vs Texas. Green played a lot bigger than he was.

But you’re right about the upcoming year.

3 Likes

I think Boogie has a long way to go, he definitely played bc of injury imo. If Bray can stay healthy and they put him in right positions he can absolutely be as good as the others you mentioned, certainly has the biggest upside of anyone in the bunch including Shettron imo.

In general some of them played bc of injury, but I think the bigger point was none of them really looked out of place. Boogie was incredibly small and needs physical development, but the skills he had definitely showed out in some cases and made some plays.

The Green brothers came in looking like College Juniors. JPR found his niche incredibly early. The WR scouting has been on point. Now just need to figure out how to keep them here.

4 Likes

If Bowman is as good as I hope he is, and Z-Flo can sling it next season, the WR’s will want to stay.

1 Like

Dunn gotta learn situational playcalling or the rest is moot.

8 Likes

I skied at Purgatory this past March. Met a guy there who was wearing K State gear. I was wearing OSU gear. I told him I was at the game last season. He laughed and said, “Yeah me too. I was playing in it.” Turns out he was a D lineman. The one thing he said while shaking his head side to side is, “Man I have no idea why your coach calls the plays he does.”

17 Likes

Thats pretty cool! You should have asked more about the calls lol. Run plays? pass plays?

Just got off the phone with GeKyle Baker. Said he got to talk to James Washington over the phone while on his visit. Baker is from a small town in Texas just like Washington :eyes:

19 Likes

Yeah I would have but we were headed off to ski with our different groups. I just responded that it drives the fans nuts that we don’t call plays that use our strengths and minimize our weaknesses. He said, “Exactly.”

2 Likes

I worked athletic maintenance in Gaylord memorial for 2 years in late HS / early college (discussed this before, I needed the $$.:roll_eyes:) and there was a guy there out of Katy that was supposed to play football at Ou, RB. He had 2 ACL tears in an 8 month period and ended up losing his athletic scholarship, but they brought him in, housed him, and gave him a job so that his best friend would come in as a WR. Which was highly illegal at the time, but I’ll ignore that for now.

We worked together for 3 years, and still talk fairly often. His little brother is a walk-on at OU now, and after bedlam he told me that they watched film over a whole bunch of different complex schemes we had ran over Dunn’s time here, and in bedlam last year OSU maybe ran 10% of it. He said something to the extent of “90% of their time studying film was wasted when they could have been working on other stuff because OSU only used 10% of their playbook.”

7 Likes
1 Like

I guess it maybe attributed to OSU main receivers, Sanders, Oline all injured. Also Dunn maybe just clearly afraid too much stuff may confuse the in experienced guys who were playing in those positions. But most certainly Dunn plays afraid if he doesn’t have his ideal guys, doesn’t take chances from his limited time here.

I think it’s moreso Gundy that’s afraid. He’s such a spaz, dude is terrified of almost everything.:joy: it’s like he almost doesn’t trust Dunn. But it’s also on Dunn’s shoulders to earn that trust to get Mike off his back, like Dana and Todd did. Even Yurcich to an extent.

3 Likes

This guy is talented!