PFB+ Football High School ‘Crootin (Part 2)

Anotha one, wonder if the safety/CB from Tulsa.

6 Likes
11 Likes

Welp, that was quick. Big pickup there.

Good news @AdamLunt , we got him

9 Likes

yep, good thing he didnt flip at the end

3 Likes
4 Likes

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Nardo will become our new MB before too long.

9 Likes

Is this guy good?

That’s great as long as he’s better with development and X’s and O’s than Coach Mike.

He is good enough?. Rising prospect from Mckinney. Same school as Has best offers as OSU, Mizzou and SMU. OV this week at OSU

I’ll take all the Nigerian’s out there please

Any reason why we have not gone hard after this guy?

2 Likes

Seems like everyone else has. Still blown away by the Tulsa kid we stopped going after. Kid is a freak athlete. He posted a video lifting 700lbs last night.

2 Likes

I think he said no to us. Or we got outbid.

2 Likes

Love it or hate it Gundy has a recruiting philosophy and sticks to it. Sometimes that means we don’t go after players that some think we should. Here is what Gundy has said:

“What I’ve told them is this: This is what we do. This is who we are. We’re gonna coach. If you want to be coddled, don’t come to school here,” Gundy says. “We’re disciplined. We’re structured. We
don’t scream or cuss at you. We don’t beat you down. We’re not doing any of that. But we’re also not gonna sit there and let you do the wrong thing and say it’s OK because we’re scared of you going
into the portal.
“If you don’t want it to be that way, I don’t want you to go here. You need to go somewhere else. No hard feelings. This place is not for everybody, and everybody’s not for me.”
Maybe that sounds like an overcorrection. Gundy doesn’t care.

7 Likes

Gundy both has and hasn’t achieved enough to have this strict of a philosophy. I think that’s why so many have contradictory feelings about Gundy. Are we really good enough to drive away top recruits?

5 Likes

Maybe it’s just the bubble we’re in but I feel like I don’t see Chris Klieman constantly validating himself with quotes like that.

5 Likes

How many of us are paying attention to every word Klieman says then going over it with a microscope looking for hidden messages?

13 Likes

It seems like he has very little trust in young people. I guess it comes with the business, they are young & often entitled (and dumb, BB guns & MBB) but it seems jaded.

It wouldn’t inspire respect from me. Maybe I’m not the personality who responds to that, but do other people like it? Not fans, but as a hypothetical recruit?

But maybe he’s just playing to what he thinks fans want him to say? Is it a marketing tactic geared toward middle-aged ag alumni?

1 Like

it might not be the driving away aspect, just more of what he knows works in his system. It’s like jobs, you know the culture and manager style that work for you

6 Likes