PFB+ Golf Thread

Figured I would start a golf thread. Seems apropos.

This on Hovland having 17 straight rounds in the 60s was good. I … is this a safe place? … I think he’s better than Wolff.

7 Likes

Watching both play in the pros (as well as college) it’s become clear at least to me that Hovland is a bit like Paul Casey. An extremely good player that is consistently a name on the leaderboard but winning seems to elude them.

Wolff is going to win more because his talent is greater. He will miss more cuts than Hovy also. But when Wolff is on, oooo boy look out.

1 Like

I would say Alan Bratton agrees with you – that’s why Hovland carried the 1-bag and Wolff carried the 2-bag.

Wolff might be more dynamic…more fun to watch…more likely to go ridiculously low. But Hovland is going to be good every time out!

1 Like

Just gunna bump this to the top 'cause well… Golf School

2 Likes

Any updates on how the team looks going into the spring??

It’s definitely going to be a rebuilding year, which is to be expected after losing Hov and Wolff. Very young team, and they didn’t do all that well in their fall schedule. They played 5 times, didn’t win, and only finished in the top 3 once. Hopefully the freshmen have taken big jumps forward over the winter.

Yeah…I was wondering if any of the young guys looked to be ready to make big moves this spring. I figure next year will be a big jump from this year.

Gupta is -8 right now and lighting it up in Hawaii.

Edit: Now -9 :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

I’m back home in NC on business and some guys were talking golf. They asked where I lived and started talking about OSU golf. I think we underestimate how powerful our golf brand is.

7 Likes

Viktor Hovland is leading the Puerto Rico Open heading into the final round tomorrow looking for his first pro win. This tournament is the first time he’s ever held a lead in his pro career. Last season he was one of the best final round players on the PGA Tour, so he’s got an awesome shot to pick up a huge first win tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hovland is still leading by 1 heading into the final 9 holes. Hope he hangs on for his first “W”!

3 Likes

Eagle :eagle:

2 Likes

He just chipped in from off the green for eagle to go from 1 down back to 1 up with 3 to play!

2 Likes

That was incredible!!

1 Like

Uh…they need to suspend play

Man, it just looks so miserable out there. Apparently the rain is lightening up right now and they think 17 & 18 are still playable

1 Like

Hovi is not bothered by it. He’s cold blooded :cold_face::snowflake:

Need a birdie on the last and hope that Teater yanks his birdie putt on 18.

Teater missed…Hovland a birdie away from winning.

WHAT A PUTT!!! Hovland WINS!

4 Likes