PFB+ Golf Thread

They missed it last year with mostly the same roster, so yeah. Stout’s first year was a big difference and helped the results this year but it was certainly a possibility. Thomas, Lane and Jin played above their baseline at regionals (which deserves credit) and that got them through. As we saw at NCAAs, they are capable of high scores, particularly Lane and Jin.

Rickie shot a 45 on the front 9 yesterday.

A forty f*ing five.

1 Like

7 Likes

I’d take that.

3 Likes

I’ve done that before.

1 Like

Couple of buddies and I are playing next weekend, we joked that we’re gonna try to beat his front 9 score. 45 at Lincoln is pretty easy to clear.

Hovland might match him on this back 9 :grimacing:

Is it a coincidence Vik turned pro in 2019 and Ricky didn’t win anything since then until the ‘23 Rocket Mortgage? And even since then he’s struggled? Is Vik unknowingly putting out the hex vibe against Ricky?

1 Like

I think Allison Stokke is his hex.

But to be fair, she’d probably be all of ours too.

3 Likes

IMG_0399

3 Likes

Apparently we got a transfer from Cal? Anyone know anything about Eric Lee?

I think he went to Cal. But don’t quote me on that.

6 Likes

– JustGary

5 Likes

He just transferred to OSU.

6 Likes

The Cal transfer is Ethan Fang I believe, he was 2nd team all PAC 12 as a freshman this year. Finished 3rd in the PAC 12 championship and originally hails from my high school, Plano West.

4 Likes

Thanks for killing the vibe dude…./s

5 Likes

Haha, well to be fair all but one post wasn’t there when I started my draft. If only I had known…

7 Likes

You both are correct. Eric Lee and Ethan Fang are cowboys. Big time transfers.

How many roster spots are there? We added 5 IIRC for ‘24 so this transfer would put us at 10-11? That’s a really really young team too lol. Maybe the Swedish commit backed out bc he wasn’t on the signing announcement.

1 Junior
5 Soph
4 Freshman

That’s assuming Baumgartner and Thomas are done?

1 Like

Depending on the ranking service these two commitments gives us 5 of the top 20 golfers from the 2023 class

Who does everyone have this week? Saw guys all saying they’d gladly take -1 any day out there. Long course, skinny fairways, almost unfair greens.

Obviously Scottie, I think Colin has a good week. Probably Bryson too, he always finds ways to go low on these types of courses with his distance if he can putt.