PFB+ Hockey Discussion

Go Canes :dash: :ice_hockey:

What does everyone think of the return format?

What’s hockey?

1 Like

Ice lacrosse.

6 Likes

Ice soccer with lacrosse sticks, football pads, and the occasional boxing match.

4 Likes

Forgot that they’re skating on knives.

2 Likes

I thought about putting some Happy Gilmore flair in, but decided it’d be a bit much.

‘I stabbed a guy with my skate once’. Yeah okay, Happy.
n5PPLHMHS7M40

2 Likes

Back to the thread, what is the return format? I haven’t seen anything on it.

Straight to playoffs 24 team playoff.

3 Likes

I’m a Stars guy so I’m a huge fan of getting into the top 4 round robin. If I was team 5 in either conference I would hate it. I’m a firm believer that the NHL has the best postseason in sports so getting as much playoff hockey as possible is a win in my book.

3 Likes

Ban this man.

Love it. Since the Stars are in.

1 Like

Amen to this. Stanley Cup playoffs are the best postseason any sport has. NBA #2, everyone else …eh.

2 Likes

Canada’s pride and joy so it triggers them when we beat them in the Olympics.

1 Like

Nothing better than overtime hockey playoff game.

2 Likes

Which unfortunately doesn’t happen too terribly much.

Stars vs. the hated Sharks. Game 6, Stanley Cup conference semi-finals. Stars up 3-2. Monday, May 5th, 2008 into Tuesday, May 6th, 2008. My daughter, son-in-law and I were at the game and stayed to the very end, 5 hours and 17 minutes after the puck drop. 4 overtime periods after an even 3 periods. We slept between periods. By the fourth overtime, both teams were skating 30 second shifts. But, Brenden Morrow scored, instantly ending the game and the series. We stayed and watched them perform the traditional playoff handshake. We left the arena around 3am.

We found out later that my daughter was pregnant with our first granddaughter at the time.

6 Likes

The only thing better than overtime playoff hockey is Game 7 overtime playoff hockey.

3 Likes

Playoff baseball is fantastic.

1 Like

Patrick Roy is the best goalie to put on skates. Go Avs.

I love playoff baseball.

2 Likes