PFB+ Home Cookin'

Did some chicken wings today

5 Likes

You about gave me carpal tunnel syndrome :joy:

1 Like

Yes but most cattle consume grass for 2/3’s of their life but are finished on grain for extra marbling. Also gets cattle to market faster by feeding grain. Grass fed is a nich market and usually overpriced for a tough piece of meat if not cooked right. There’s less marbling and usually grass fed is actually lower quality and grading. You are paying more money for worse steaks.

6 Likes

Trying to lose weight?

1 Like

More veggies. More meat. No bread. Pretty easy. If a recipe calls for bread, sub it with not bread.

3 Likes

Looks filthy. Call me.

1 Like

You dog.

I’m going to like this thread. I cook almost every day something from “scratch”. Homemade flour tortillas and a new beef fajita marinade today. Recipe was a keeper. But I’m here to show you something I found that is like crack in a jar. It does have MSG (you have to come to your own conclusions on that) but it is really difficult to stop eating. People put this on everything from rice to ice cream. It is a sesame chili oil with fried.garlic. You can just eat it with a spoon.

3 Likes

If it’s good quality there’s no need to tenderize a ribeye. Salt it until it reabsorbs then slow smoke to internal 115 and then sear the hell out of it on the grill. Or sous vide an hour at 135 and then sear in a white hot cast iron.

2 Likes

And people from the east overcomplicate steak and screw it up. Same with BBQ. Pork. Pssh.

1 Like

I’ve been doing T25 for 3 weeks and haven’t lost hardly crap. Granted last two weekends were spent traveling, but I’ve only lost like 6 pounds. So I’m going all out and doing Keto and working out. This is huge big step cause I hate anything with the word diet or combination of the words working and out.

1 Like

giphy

Where’d you find those?

BBQ is simple. Great cuts at a low temperature. Don’t need to over-season it. Don’t need to slap a ton of sauce on it. Don’t need to let the sauce define the food.

But… east coasters do that all the time. It’s annoying.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

So anybody else like a smoke ring on their steaks? I have learned how to cook them to perfection in my smoker with pecan and oak wood and give them a small smile ring while getting the temp just right. Just finished up a batch for the wife’s birthday dinner to go with a bunch of delicious sides.

2 Likes

Roasted broccoli - heat oven to 425. Cut up broccoli, place on a sheet pan, drizzle with oil, and season. I personally like Penzey’s Foxwoods (although the owner’s politics may turn some off). Roast for 20-25 minutes. Delicious!

I didn’t go full keto but I watched my carb intake and it helped me significantly.

2 Likes

I wanna see that small ring smile.

That looks amazing @AdamM …recipe?

The only benefit to living in a large town is restaurant food and food ingredients. I live in Katy right outside of Houston and we have 2 large Asian markets within 5 minutes of my house. You can order it online also. It is LAO GAN MA CHILI CRISP SAUCE. It looks like Wally world might even sell it.

It.is so popular, the lady on the label that makes it is a self made billionaire with a B.

1 Like