PFB+ NBA Discussion

Charlotte Hornets fan here.

Who has my 2020 mock draft?

This thread really took off.

1 Like

Here’s the first 2020 mock draft that I’ve seen: https://watchstadium.com/news/jeff-goodmans-2020-nba-mock-draft-1-0-big-name-freshmen-top-the-class-10-21-2019/

It’s too early. It night one and going up against the World Series was a bad move

Yeah, I have no idea why they would do that.

In general the NBA doesn’t care who they compete with. That’s why there are games on Superbowl Sunday and what not. Berry Tramel talked about it yesterday that when he asked about the start of the scheduling in October-November going up against football that he was basically scoffed at.

1 Like

Link? Did he think it was because of the international fans?

Also…any other daily fantasy junkies in here?

It was on the sports animal and they just talked about it for a few minutes. He asked the commissioner if he thought pushing the season back to compete with the opening of baseball instead of football was smarter. And apparently they brushed him off like he didn’t know what he was talking about.

He did make a point that as sports fans this couple weeks is awesome as we get NFL, MLB and NBA.

I personally didn’t think of the international audience but maybe that plays in. I also think that the NBA and the NFL can coexist because the NFL is generally one day a week. Now in our region football competes for Saturday and Sunday so we may see it a bit different.

1 Like

NBA and WNBA should flip flop start dates, I’d prefer summer basketball way more than baseball. This would kill the WNBA (I think)

1 Like

Games on Super Bowl Sunday is a good idea. They serve as appetizers to the “main event” at the end of the day.

1 Like

games on TV yes. Games in person on Superbowl Sunday are far less attended. I went two years ago and the arena was maybe 2/3rds full, which in OKC was weird.

3 Likes

The WNBA would cease to exist if their season was changed.

Probably won’t be that weird much longer.

I’m not sure. After football season ends what else is there to do? I’m guessing ticket sales will be a little lower and that’ll bring people in too. Plus there’s no other professional sports here so that helps. I also probably think too highly of the typical thunder fan that I think they all get that we aren’t going to be great, but they’ll be fun to watch.

Confession: NBA content is my guilty pleasure. I don’t follow the NFL, MLB, hockey or soccer (too many kids), but NBA is a weakness. I love the drama.

3 Likes

Have the ratings from WS game 1 and let’s use La v LA been posted? Would be curious to the number comparison

1 Like

Should’ve clarified, televised ones yes.

In the future, I think we’ll all be watching games on TV, and they’ll filter in sound from people yelling into mics from their homes.

I used to go see Thunder games for super cheap in 08/09ish.

3 Likes

Right when they first got here. They didn’t know the product they would have (a terrible one) so prices were cheap and people loved going. I remember going to see the other team. Like Shaq or Kobe coming.

Some solid games on the League Pass tonight (highly recommend by the way). I’ll watch my Hornets play like garbage but for sure check out the Nuggets/Blazers, Sixers/Celtics and Wizards/Mavs. Might sneak in some Thunder/Jazz too.

1 Like