PFB+ Non-OSU College Sports Thread (Part 1)

In the sense that the money went towards renovating the atrium area of the athletic department building (I’ve been in there), no. How does that benefit players, necessarily? It might help a slight bit in recruiting…I guess? But that is much different from directly giving money to recruits.

1 Like

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/duke-reports-minor-violation-after-coach-k-mentions-name-of-unsigned-recruit-163304872.html

Pretty sure the NCAA wouldn’t have done anything, but whatever…

That’s… Not how being a booster works…

Anybody who gives money to the school is a booster. Doesn’t matter if it’s strictly for athletics or not. Boone Pickens had the geology school named after him well before he had the football stadium named after him… And in that time, he was a booster.

I’m a booster. Kyle Porter is a booster because he owns a season ticket. The Spears family that built the business school are boosters.

It doesn’t matter if it benefits athletes or not… Oh… And then Hardaway paid for a family to move to Memphis to play for him, which I’m 99% sure is against the rules of the Tennessee high school sports governing body’s rules. And then Hardaway accepted a college coaching job with the expectation that this guy would come play for him.

It’s blatant disregard for the rules and Memphis deserves to be punished for it.

1 Like

So you’re firmly in the “NCAA isn’t being ridiculous” camp?

I just think the classic definition of “booster” should be reconsidered.

I hope ou beats Baylor by 80.

They are the epitome of fake good.

2 Likes

NCAA sucks. Hope the courts start beating them to the ground.

1 Like

Yep.

Let’s go TCU!

Exactly, impressiveness > “rules”

People are gushing all about Bama/LSU, but it’s kinda standard for a day in the Big 12. It’s exciting, yeah, but this is what we see every week.

2 Likes

Kinda…bama and LSU have a different level of athlete than Baylor or Iowa state

1 Like

It’s amazing what LSU can do with a spread offense and a great QB.

1 Like

Iowa State really blowing the upset by not converting the turnovers tonight.

1 Like

Oh mah ga. My Tuscaloosa friends (former neighbors/church peeps) are having a conniption fit on Facebook tonight.

LSU paid the refs. It’s over. Wake me up when the season ends. We slashed baby Trump. :joy:

I never want to watch Ok State and feel like they do.

2 Likes

Did they really slash baby Trump? :rofl:

1 Like

Oh man, the arrest! Hahaha

1 Like

Alabama seems like a weird place

1 Like

Yes and the guy videoed himself saying he was about to go slash it. So naturally got arrested. He’s now being roasted on Twitter. I think it’s sort of hilarious all around. There’s something for everyone to laugh at.

1 Like

Baby slashes baby.

Nothing ironic there.

2 Likes

Iowa state will one day try to have have 10 TEs and a QB in a formation.