PFB+ Non-OSU College Sports Thread (Part 1)

So the main problem I have with all this Sarah Fuller stuff is it really glosses over the first female that really broke the barrier in college football, Katie Hnida. I mean just because it is Power 5 is the only reason they are making any fuss over Fuller. But I mean really Vandy is not really a Power 5 school level and is not much more than the New Mexico team that Hnida played for (or especially the Colorado team she should have been playing for). Plus Hnida did this her whole life, worked for it, went through a LOT of hardships for football and stuck it out. Fuller just showed up for a few weeks of practice after the team needed a kicker. That is the problem I have with all the Fuller hype.

3 Likes

I agree, Katie Hnida is great, although I will say, she herself has been very publicly supportive of Sarah Fuller.

2 Likes

Auburn fired Malzahn

2 Likes

Anybody been monitoring this whole Art Briles to Tech thing?

Talked to one of my in-the-circle Red Raider alums. Apparently the big wigs at Tech went to the AD and offered to buy out Wells’ contract and throw in another $100M to renovate their practice facilities if they would hire Art Briles.

If anyone is willing to sell their soul to the devil to get some wins it just might be Tech.

4 Likes

And ■■■■ them

1 Like
2 Likes

He resigned from his HS job today

1 Like

Straight to trash to hire Briles.

1 Like

So let me get this straight, A&M can make it to the playoff even though they’re not in the SEC championship?

If there is a way to get more than one SEC team, yes.

3 Likes

I’m fine with that if it keeps ou out of the playoff.

1 Like

It’s happened before for a SEC team.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken they’ve done it for Ohio State as well

1 Like

Yup. And the only good win they have is Florida. Alabama wiped the field with them.

Oh, I know. It feels weird that the SEC championship is being played the same day another team is making up a game that could potentially get them in.

1 Like

They’ve been very clear it’s the four teams they think are the best.

Doesn’t really matter who 2 of the 4 are. Will be an Alabama/Clemson NC again. Getting old.

1 Like

It’ll take the Ohio State, Oklahomas, etcs of the world to Bittch about expanding before they truly consider. Public outcry and media push won’t do anything.

What was the big downfall of the BCS? It wasn’t really public outcry, right? I’m honestly not sure and asking

People hated the BCS.

People that matter or just general people?