PFB+ Non-OSU College Sports Thread (Part 2)

I actually think the opposite is going to happen. Look at how much money was dumped into A&M’s class and they didn’t do shitt and a ton of guys left, eventually boosters will feel the lack of ROI

6 Likes

This articulates how frustrating it is.

1 Like

Caitlin Clark. Wow.

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1758296958802813242?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1758296958802813242|twgr^388f267d4f48cf03421ec0c07a1fb7277a37bb79|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fsports%2Fcaitlin-clark-becomes-ncaa-womens-all-time-leading-scorer

3 Likes

You wonder what her NIL worth is compared to a current football player around the same worth ?
I bet you know @cowgirl4life ? I always use your broad knowledge of most facts :cowboy_hat_face:

In this case, my knowledge is only as good as Google. It appears her NIL estimate is about $900,000 right now, including royalties from jerseys sold from Nike. But here you go for more details:

1 Like

Wow that was a lot more than I expected by far Women’s basketball must draw large crowds in B10. country

She makes more than a lot of WNBA players, correct?

1 Like

I would say so . Quite a bit more

NIL is about more than just the in-game crowds it brings too. Look at the female athletes leading NIL, the majority of them have nothing to do with how many fans show up for them. Social media, signings, things like that matter more. If tik tok didn’t exist nobody would know who the Cavinder twins even were, and they were at one point #2 and 3 in NIL for female athletes behind Livvy Dunne.

1 Like

I think Clark has her Covid year left. She would be smart to come back and get all that NIL she can.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how NIL impacts the retention of elite college athletes. And subsequently the rookie salary cap…

1 Like

Much more. WNBA salary is about 100k and most have minimal sponsors.

1 Like

No - the Big 10 is not that different than Big 12 other than Clark at Iowa because she is a generational talent. In men’s NIL you see many more athletes pulling down quite a bit across all sports. In women’s NIL only a small number have big NIL but all the NIL wealth is concentrated in that small pool. There almost zero money in women’s professional sports except for a select few - best soccer athlete, best tennis athlete, and best gymnastics athlete. The others sports see diddly squat. And I get it - it’s based on eyeballs on TV and merchandise and women’s sports don’t have as a big draw overall.

1 Like

It will be substantial on the he women side. There is more to make in college than “pro”.

I think football/basketball will be hit and miss.

1 Like

Oh trust me, she has it left.

Everyone’s been slaughtering Sherryl swoops about it for a while now. :joy:

2 Likes

It will be really interesting for the “borderline” male athletes. Those who are great in college but on the edge of the draft.

1 Like

That select few you talk about will make more than they probably make in their first ten years of real life. Throw out her generational talent , the ones behind her make a good sum. I don’t know of any woman in the B12 that comes close to her
Football players that are not draft worthy some make half a million. More than a late round draft choice…. Our system is so f’ed up. Money is the root of all evil

1 Like

Let me ask you how much do you think Texas had in the starting 22 in the CC game ?

If I understand your question… I assume most of the starting 22 (>50%) for UT are NFL or borderline NFL. I think they will stay in college longer if NIL makes it worth their while.

But I really don’t know or study that level. Just guessing.

No I’m not asking if they stay in college but how much NIL money that starting 22 cost ? I haven’t seen the checks or how they pay them but I’ve read the OL cost over a million. You can read a lot about what Ewers and Lil Manning cost , between 2.5 million and 4 million