PFB+ Nuggets on 2021 Safety Isaiah Nwokobia

Caught up with Class of 2021 safety Isaiah Nwokobia earlier today. Nwokobia visited Oklahoma State this past weekend for Junior Day. He’s a 6-foot, 186-pound prospect from Dallas Skyline who has already been offered by Oklahoma State. Here are some nuggets from our brief conversation …

– Visit, he said, went “pretty good.” Said he enjoyed seeing the campus this time of year.

– What’d he do all weekend? “Went to the basketball game vs Baylor, ate really good, got to sit down with coach Gundy and got to talk a lot more with coach Hammer. We just talked ball.”

– What was the sitdown with the coaches like? “Coach Gundy was just checking up and asking how I’ve been lately. He asked how off-season was going and let me know he would love to have me at Oklahoma State. I also got to dig in a little deeper about coach Hammer and his history. He told me about his past coaching stops and let me know he had a lot of experience. I also talked with coach Duffie, and we just talked a lot of football.”

– What has the recruiting process been like between you and the coaches at OSU? “They tell me they really care about me and that Stillwater is a great place to develop my game and get a good degree. That’s really their main pitch. They really just show a lot of love and always show me that they really want me there.”

– OK, what was the good food you ate? “It was like soft shell tacos :rofl: it was good”

5 Likes