PFB+ nuggets on four-star RB Cam'Ron Valdez

Got a chance to talk with four-star running back Cam’Ron Valdez briefly this morning. He’s visiting Oklahoma State for junior day this upcoming weekend. Gonna drop some nuggets from our conversation in here for subscribers.

• Said his recruitment with Oklahoma State has gone “great” thus far. Said he’s got a good relationship with John Wozniak, OSU’s running backs coach. Said he’s hoping to get more familiar with him and the rest of the staff this weekend.

• Asked him what his goal was in visiting this weekend: “Trying to get a feel for Oklahoma State as a program.” Said he knows about the high-flying offense, potential to be a big-time stat-stuffer, but wants to know more about the school, weight room, classes, facilities, etc.

• What’s OSU’s recruiting pitch been to him? “They’re telling me I can replace Chuba when he’s ready to leave. They think I’m as good as him, which is good to know because Chuba’s the rushing leader.”

• His plans are to go to the basketball game on Sat. against Baylor then going to the junior day. Probably visit facilities, get a photo shoot, the works. It’s his first junior day so he said he’s looking forward to it.

14 Likes

I told Boone this in Slack, but this is the kind of guy OSU should be landing.

10 Likes

Do we have to take him to the Bball game? :grimacing:

19 Likes

DON’T GO TO THE BBALL GAME!

:grin:

2 Likes

It will prove we are a football school

7 Likes

Touche

No kidding — I almost said that, too. You sure you wanna go to that…?

1 Like

Great job, @kyleboone. Would love to see more of this type of stuff.

4 Likes

Good job KB …enjoy reading your content !

2 Likes

Appreciate that y’all. Hopefully more coming this offseason.

2 Likes

He’ll love it when we WIN the game vs Baylor. :wink:

What has happened to Deondrick Glass?

Nothing. Same thing that always happens. We landed him, big until he does something the fan base assumes he’s useless. He was a highly touted 4 star recruit who had some adjustments to make. For some reason tho, people are writing him off completely. It’s a fishous cycle.

1 Like

Very fishous…

2 Likes

Heard he won at least one practice player of the week award during the season so hopefully he is coming along well.

4 Likes

So that uniform looks very familiar…

16 Likes

If you were to post this in a 3rd thread, I would probably “like” it there too. This would be a huge get.

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure how much traffic this thread was seeing anymore so figured the actual recruiting thread should have it as well. It certainly does look like good news might be coming.

2 Likes

@kyleporterCBS @KyleBoone @Helper Hearing any news in regards to this?

I think Boone and I both have made post about it. He’s really high on us. Called us #RBU

5 Likes