PFB Picks: Laying Out Our Predictions for OSU’s Tilt with Texas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/pfb-picks-laying-out-our-predictions-for-osus-tilt-with-texas/

OSU is a home dog for the sixth time since 2016 heading into Saturday.

1 Like

Win with a passing QB whose shoulder is rumored to injured?
Win by Sanders “willing a win”? This isn’t a video game.
The more that Sanders plays with a bum shoulder, the worse off the shoulder becomes and the worse his passing becomes. We saw that against TCU. Really good throwing in the first half, but as the game went on, the passing efficiency went down. He gave it all that he had, but the body has its limitations.
I’m really uncomfortable about this game. I’m uncomfortable with every conference game this season for the same two reasons we’ve worried about since pre-season:
weak secondary and potential key injuries.

1 Like

Going to be close osu wins. The same issues will be in this game. Texas runs and throws it. Not great defense. We just got to make more plays

1 Like

Thursday of Texas Week and I never got my Daily Bullets… :frowning:

1 Like

I’m not sure how to read this game.
Ewers did not look great last week.
Neither did Sanders.
Texas looked great vs Ou but mediocre vs Cyclones.
We should be able to pressure Ewers on deep drops for long throws. Might be the difference in the game.
Their run game concerns me….
Our run game concerns me…
We had some nice innovative plays last week in the first half….we need more.
We have to get the ball to Braydon, Brennan & Bryson….would be a great week for Blaine Green to return.

2 Likes

I like Kyle Cox’s prediction the best. I have no clue who will come out victorious, but I do think it will be lower scoring than a typical OSU game. I think if the OSU defense gets 5 or more sacks we win the game, if we get fewer than 5 we lose.

Texas 42 OSU 27

Every year not wining a championship and every year not having an offensive line every year. Like a broken
Recored. Gudy’s trapped in himself in his own box. Like I say everytime, I hope he proves me wrong this time.

Texas 41 OSU 31

I didn’t realize they went recreational for cannabis in Oklahoma already. I don’t see this as a win unless we run uptempo the whole game. If Sanders shoulder is still hurt then they will have to bring in Gundy. Texas can’t hang with uptempo play. By the fourth quarter they would be waving a white flag.

1 Like

Yes if sanders is hurt we need him to rest and heal. If were going to lose i would rather a new qb get time then sanders never heal

2 Likes

Poor tackling against weaker RBs. Afraid we will not stop one of the better backs in the country this weekend. I hope Pokes dig deep and pull out the win. If I had to put money on the game I would put it on Texas. Thank goodness I do not.

1 Like

I agree, that’s why last week was so deflating for me because I’ve kinda had this game penciled in as an L for awhile so it was important to come into the game undefeated.

2 Likes

Someone get Bullet warmed up, he’s going to be running all afternoon !!
Tell Texas hell’s a coming !!
Go Pokes :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Swing and a miss.

2 Likes

Well after being right 2 weeks in a row, I’m happy to be wrong on this one.

1 Like