PFB Picks, Predictions for OSU vs. Tulsa on Saturday

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/pfb-picks-predictions-for-osu-vs-tulsa-on-saturday/

Week 2 is upon us.

There all about the same

This is going to be closer than what’s being predicted. I really can’t see this being anymore than a 10 point victory (and we also don’t know if they will win).

I remember this used to be one of those games where you didn’t have to doubt if OSU was going to win or not. I think we are going to see some pretty shi++y football on the offensive side of the ball from both teams.

This is going to be more along the lines of a 20-10 game or maybe even a 26-20 overtime game. Tulsa is going to have several starters back, and despite what many want to believe they have more talent than Missouri State does.

I’m going to go with 26-20 in OT. We seem to forget how much Gundy loves to keep it close when it doesn’t need to be. Maybe we’ll have a trick play or two for this game so we can put up a surprise score on Tulsa.

1 Like

I think it will be a 20-6 Cowboy win. Our defense will hold them to two field goals and our offense will hold us to 20 points.

1 Like

I think Cowboys will win in a squeaker. I can’t believe the Cowboys have gone over 30 pts in only 4 of last 15 games. Also, our defense is good but they have given up 30+ in 5 of the last 15. Wow!

1 Like

Lmao, it’s sad but true. Our offense and its coaches on that side of the ball are in itself their own worst enemy.

1 Like

I’m curious how many offensive turnovers there are in those 5 games. The offense and special teams don’t exactly help our defense out very much. In those 5 games I would guess there was a special teams score from the other team or the other team got the ball in or near the red zone due to our offense turning it over. The defense tends to succeed when they’re put in the position to.

2 Likes

I think it would be nice to hire an actual special teams coach instead of Gundy leading the charge on that where we suffer muffed punt and kick returns trying to be conservative and safe, and also don’t properly teach our kickers and holders how to be successful on extra points coupled with needing to teach the punt and kickoff team how to properly cover an area on a return to keep the other team from getting an easy touchdown. Just for starters anyway.

2 Likes

Tulsa by 10. :roll_eyes: :sob: :thinking: No faith this HC will ever figure out how to be more innovative on offense.

OSU will need another valiant last minute defensive stand to hold off TU.

2 Likes

OSU 27 Tulsa 14

OSU 10 Tulsa 7
The punter once again will have more yards than the total passing yards.

2 Likes

I think regardless of the outcome of the Tulsa game, the Cowboys will look pretty bad against Big 12 teams. After the Missouri State game I lost all confidence in this team. Missing the extra point was an omen for me. What looked good on paper preseason looks awful on the turf. That’s why I think the new conference will be on par with the level of play from OSU. We are not better than those teams that are joining up. All that glaring orange can distort perception.

1 Like

Sound to me it’s time for a new coach and new innovation based on you’re comment.

1 Like

I will bleed that “GLARING” Orange until the day I die! Loyal and True to oSu!

Look at our resume. 15 winning seasons in a row. Ask these schools around us if they would Have taken our record: Arkansas, Texas, TCU, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, A&M. Yes I would like to think we are better than any school around us but one, in this sport, and they are cheaters and backstabbers.

I was not aware that OU has to cheat in order to win. Sounds like what some real loser complained after he lost an election.

The guy got a lil emotional. But, for as old as u r ur alot naive to think ou hasn’t cheated.

Missing an extra point is hardly the major problem. Hale is a good kicker but coming back from the injury last season…give him a break. Don’t give anyone breaks on the lousy play calling, issues w/ the O-line, and leadership at the top. HC won’t make any major changes which will result in a disappointing offense which has plenty of weapons!

1 Like

This!!! Sometimes change is needed, getting real stagnant around here!