PFB+ Q&A: Brandon Garrison Talks Upcoming OSU Visit, Relationship with Parker Friedrichsen

The state of Oklahoma is stacked in the 2023 basketball recruiting class, but Brandon Garrison is the highest-ranked recruit the state has to offer going into the summer.

Garrison, a 6-foot-9, 205-pound center from Del City, is a four-star prospect who ranks 56th nationally in the composite rankings. Garrison has offers from Kansas, Arkansas, LSU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and others.

He is off to a hot start on the AAU circuit this summer. A member of Team Griffin in Nike's EYBL, Garrison has averaged 12.8 points and seven rebounds a contest while shooting 62% from the field, and Team Griffin is 6-2 two sessions into the calendar.

Garrison told PFB he will take an official visit to Stillwater starting May 13. He spoke with PFB Wednesday evening to discuss the visit, his relationship with OSU commit Parker Friedrichsen and more.

PFB: What are you looking forward to in your upcoming Oklahoma State visit?

Brandon Garrison: "Like academics-wise, how they do stuff. Just more in detail. Like a day in the life, stuff like that."

PFB: Do you have a timetable on when you want to make a college decision?

BG: "Probably before my senior season or my senior year."

PFB: What are your thoughts on Oklahoma State at this point?

BG: "I like them a lot. They're showing a lot of love."

PFB: What has Mike Boynton's pitch to you been?

BG: "Just for me to come play for my hometown school."

PFB: Who are the other schools that have recruited you the most consistently so far?

BG: "Arkansas, Gonzaga, Texas Tech, Texas, SMU and LSU."

PFB: What is your relationship like with OSU commit Parker Friedrichsen?

BG: "We've got a good relationship. That's my guy. We used to play basketball and stuff together. We're real cool."

PFB: The 2023 class is deep in the state of Oklahoma with you, Parker, Trent Pierce and Jeremiah Johnson. What's it like being a part of that?

BG: "It feels good playing for Oklahoma, representing the state."

PFB: What are you trying to work on in the AAU season?

BG: "Shooting, dribbling and finishing around the rim."

11 Likes

He was a little shy, but I hope there are some good nuggets in here for you guys and gals.

11 Likes