PFB+ Q&A: Four-Star Forward Keanu Dawes Breaks Down Oklahoma State Official Visit

It was another big recruiting weekend for Mike Boynton and his staff as the Oklahoma State football team took care of Arizona State.

Keanu Dawes, a four-star prospect from the Houston area, was in town for an official visit. Dawes is a 6-foot-7 stretch forward. He is the No. 117 player in the 247Sports composite rankings, and Rivals has him in its Top 100.

Dawes spoke with PFB on Monday afternoon to recap his visit.

PFB: How was the Oklahoma State visit?

Keanu Dawes: "It was great. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the campus, the team. Got to go to the football game, it was just all around good."

PFB: What was your favorite part?

KD: "Honestly, it was probably playing open gym with the team, just seeing how I can compete and how I can play with these guys."

PFB: What are your overall thoughts on Oklahoma State right now?

KD: "I like it a lot -- definitely. Yeah, I like it a lot. I mean, it's only been my second visit, so it's hard to compare to other ones. But overall, I like the culture. It's a family vibe."

PFB: Which member of OSU's staff have you been in contact with the most?

KD: Coach (Terrence) Rencher. I've been talking to him since last year. They didn't offer to until late this year, but I've been talking to Coach Rencher for a minute. Just positive. Good guy, good energy. Just being around him, it's good."

PFB: You mentioned OSU being involved with you for a while before the offer came in. What was it like when OSU did offer?

KD: "Coach Rencher was talking to me last year, later on in the season. Then we a not-so-good team, so I couldn't really showcase myself whenever he came to a game. They kind of didn't talk to me for a minute, and then I played against the USA national team in an exhibition game. Coach Boynton was coaching. After that, they've just been recruiting me pretty heavy."

PFB: Has OSU been one of the more active teams with you?

KD: "Yeah, most definitely been one of the more active teams. Since I've put on my top six, they've been talking to me nonstop."

PFB: You visited with Brandon Garrison. Did you know him beforehand? What was it like spending time with him?

KD: "Yeah, I knew of him. We weren't really close or anything, but just playing on AAU circuit and then playing against him on the USA team as well. He seems like a cool guy. Played P-I-G and stuff. Felt like we have good chemistry after not really knowing each other."

PFB: Tell me the story of this Lamborghini. How did that happen?

KD: "Yeah, so I was riding around in a golf cart with the other players, and then I came back and sat down and Coach Boynton pulled out the key. I just like did a doubletake because I was confused. And he's like, 'You wanna go take pictures in it?' I was like, 'For sure.'"

PFB: Do you know any of the players on the team?

KD: "I didn't know anyone coming into the visit."

PFB: What was it like getting to know them?

KD: "It just felt like I've already known them before. They weren't trying to do too much because of the visit. I just like how I got a real feel of how it is."

PFB: You've visited OSU and Rice now. What does the rest of your visit schedule look like?

KD: "I'm going to [Texas] A&M next weekend, and then the weekend after that I'm working on moving BYU to that. And then the last weekend of the month in going to University of Utah."

PFB: Do you have a timeline? Are you looking to sign early?

KD: "I want to sign early, just whenever I know I'm ready. I'm not gonna rush it, just make sure I'm 100% confident with the decision."

9 Likes