PFB+ Q&A: New Oklahoma State Commit Connor Dow Talks Getting OSU Offer, Relationship with Staff

Oklahoma State added to its 2023 recruiting class Saturday after Broken Arrow standout Connor Dow announced his pledge to the Pokes.

Dow, a 6-foot-5 wing player, shot 44% from 3 on the Nike EYBL circuit this summer with Team Griffin. Dow spoke with PFB before his announcement Saturday about his commitment, his talks with OSU's staff and what kind of player the Cowboys are getting.

PFB: Why Oklahoma State?

Connor Dow: "I really felt a connection with the coaching staff, Coach (Mike) Boynton, Coach (Keiton) Page, everyone. They have a role that I feel like I could really fit into, and that's where I feel like my skill set could be utilized."

PFB: What is that role?

CD: "Just a shooter, hard worker, play defense, great teammate, be everything they need me to be."

PFB: You went into this summer without a Division-I offer, was it nerve-racking knowing this summer was kind of your last chance?

CD: "I was a little bit unsure of what would happen, but I kind of just trusted the work that I put in. It all worked out to how it was supposed to be. I had my options and at the end of the day I had to make a decision."

PFB: What has your contact with Oklahoma State's staff been like? You went on the visit a couple weeks back, but had you been in communication with them before that?

CD: "I've been in contact with them since the Kansas City EYBL tournament (July 7-10). Last week, I went on unofficial and then I went on another one on Tuesday when I committed. So yeah, we've just been building relationships, getting to know each other and then obviously they offered and I committed."

PFB: So you got offered on your most recent visit? Did you know it was coming? What was that like?

CD: "Yeah, I had a feeling one was coming. Just by talking to them and seeing what they needed and what I felt I wanted, everything just aligned up. Once I got there, that's where I felt most at home on campus. Once they offered, I committed."

PFB: Growing up in Broken Arrow, did you grow up an Oklahoma State fan?

CD: "I actually didn't. So, I actually grew up a Kansas fan. I mean, growing up in Broken Arrow, obviously I've been around OU, OSU all my life. So it's cool going to a school that's from your hometown."

PFB: What is your relationship like with Coach Boynton?

CD: "It's pretty good. We're getting to know each other, obviously, a lot better now. But right now, it's really good. It's been pretty strong."

PFB: You played with Brandon Garrison this summer with Team Griffin. What was it like telling him that you were committing to OSU?

CD: "I kind of just called him I was like, 'Hey, we're gonna be teammates again.' And we just got super excited talking about the things that we could do at OSU."

PFB: Do you know any of the guys on the roster?

CD: "I know Bryce (Thompson), Kalib (Boone). Getting to know Chris (Harris) a little bit, Q (Quion Williams), those are the main guys."

PFB: What part of your game are you looking to improve upon during your senior year before you get to college?

CD: "I'm trying to create my shot off the dribble a little bit more, put on some more weight, and just be a dog on the defensive end."

PFB: What type of player is OSU getting?

CD: "They're gonna get a hard worker. What they expect that from me, that's what they're gonna get."

10 Likes