PFB+ Q&A: OSU Commit Landon Dean Recaps His Official Visit

Landon Dean was part of a three-commit day for the Cowboys back in February, picking the Pokes the same day Cameron Epps and Mason Gilkey also made their pledges.

Dean is a 6-foot-4, 230-pound defensive end from Frontenac, Kansas. He is also quite the high school tight end. Dean visited Stillwater alongside a healthy chunk of Oklahoma State's 2022 commits earlier this month.

He spokes with PFB about his visit Wednesday evening.

Marshall Scott: "What was your biggest takeaway from the official visit?"

Landon Dean: "It was just an unbelievable experience getting to see all the facilities in the stadium in person, finally, since we can do that since COVID. Meeting all the other recruits and the coaches, it was just an unbelievable experience."

MS: "I'd heard a lot about this Gundy pool party from a lot of the guys that were there. Do you have any fun stories from it?"

LD: "No, not really. It was the same way. I was amazed by his house and everything there. Had some really good food there, and it was a fun time."

MS: "How did you find out about it? Can you kind of tell me the story of actually going over there as a group and that whole thing?"

LD: "We got a little card, and it showed everything on there. At first I kind of thought that it was just the parents that were going out there, but we were on the bus and they said, 'Alright, we're loading up and going to Gundy's house.' So, we went out there and had fun."

MS: "Do you have a favorite part of the visit?"

LD: "My favorite part was probably the photoshoot, putting on all the gear and stuff and taking the pictures."

MS: "How does that work? Do you get to pick which jerseys and stuff? Take me through the selection that you guys have."

LD: "They got a locker picked out for you with shoulder pads, jerseys already on and everything. You put the gear on, and they let us pick out which helmet and which visor we wanted to put on for the picture."

MS: "You went with the white helmet with the chrome brand, what are the options that you have?"

LD: "Oh they had anything you wanted -- black helmet, black visor, orange, clear visor, anything you wanted."

MS: "I was talking with Jalen Marshall who was there when you guys visited. He said that you've kind of been on him about getting him to commit. How's that pursuit going?"

LD: "It's been going good. I haven't reached out to him in quite a while, but I'm trying to get out to him right now. There's a camp next Monday in Salina, so I'm gonna see if he's going out there because I believe I'm gonna go out there. Maybe if he's out there I can talk to him some more about coming down to Oklahoma State."

MS: "You mentioned earlier finally getting to meet all the commits, what was that like?"

LD: "It was awesome because it's hard to really get to know those guys if you're just meeting over the phone and texting and stuff. Once we get to meet each other in person, we all got along. It was just a fun time."

MS: "What does the rest of your summer look like?"

LD: "Just busy with football. We got 7-on-7, this is our last week of 7-on-7. Then we'll just have our morning conditioning, weights in the morning. Then we have team camp every Monday, just our team. We'll start practice in August and our team camp then. It's flying by."

MS: "What are some of your goals entering your senior year?"

LD: "Right now the goal is a team goal -- I want to win the state championship. I think we got the team to do it. Hopefully if we keep working hard, we can do that."

4 Likes