PFB Roundtable: Spring Football Buzz on RBs and Potential Breakout Players

As long as u are happy

Never once said we don’t need them. I have said I’m not going trash the kids that come here like you and joe, we have had a very successful program the last decade and a half without them. Everyone would love a bunch a five stars running around field, some people just have more common sense than you two on the probability of us being able to get them

1 Like

And the reason we don’t get them in football is?

Maybe we’ll start, but one huge reason is Norman being down the road

Dnt both he is just not smart enough to understand the real world of college football.

Norman is still down the road in basketball and Kansas is just to the north.

And how many times have we out recruited them in basketball

And if you don’t understand the differences between our basketball and football program then I don’t know what to tell you my dude

Aro thinks everybody is equal. So u just walk up to a 5 star and say come play football at osu.

I know the difference, do you? How many 5 stars has Gundy signed? How many schools play football compared to basketball? When was the last time OSU won a national championship in football? In basketball? Who owns the record in Bedlam football? In Bedlam basketball?

Ou owns bedlam in both. All are natty’s are from the 40’s. And gundy has sign as many as any other big 12 coach that’s not a blue blood.
So like usual none of ur points mean anything

Gonzaga is really all u need to know about the difference in basketball and football.
There has been no new blue blood programs made since Miami in the 80’s
When was the last u heard of a Cinderella run in football. Ur rite never.
I can do this all day long.
By the way u never really answer the Wichita thing. Boynton is going to get some players isn’t he.

Until college football has a 16 team playoff in place they’ll never have a Cinderella team. It’s the same 3 or 4 teams every year in college football and it’s joke. Trying to compare college basketball to college football is ridiculous. Heck Boynton signed one 5 star and won 1 tournament game and received a 1.5 million dollar raise. Excellent point on the private school in Wichita and all the HS Basketball talent on that team. I watched that team on ESPN a couple of times. The point guard is the number 1 PG in the class of 2021 and going to Auburn.

1 Like

Sanders has struggled, yes, but the schemes haven’t been good. Our O line hasn’t been able to pass protect worth a ■■■■ the past 2 years, and there were a whole bunch of times where we’d only send 2 or 3 guys out on routes for extra bodies in the box, and they’d just tell Sanders to heave it up for Tylan and let him do what he does. Which sent Sanders into a whole bunch of awful situations. I’m hoping that without a main guy on the outside we can open up the book a little more and spread 4-5 guys out around the field. When your line is
Struggling that bad to block, the answer isn’t more blockers, it’s quicker routes. With guys like Presley and Johnson in the slot there should be tons of opportunities to get them the ball on short slants and hitches, things of that sort and just let them run. We’ll see how good or bad Dunn and Gundy manage this season.

I do understand what ur saying all fair points. But if Sanders never looks at more then one reciever why send five down the field. There we only two games Sanders felt real pressure ksu ou.
Martin’s 6’4" so they will throw it up.
I real thought u knew u only call plays ur qb can run.
That year is over and we in the same boat. Waiting to see if Sanders has progressed.

Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes had 1 bowl game out of their 7 years of college football. Quarterbacks are very important, but if you don’t have the coach, the best quarterback won’t help.

Ur rite there. Think God we got gundy. So we over come bad qb play.
Way to point that out.

5 different teams have made the championship game since they started it back, funny how Gundy’s not one of them.

Just more proof we’re closer to Kansas than OU.

What does that have to do with anything.
No matter what some body got to play ou. Out of those 5 how many has had losing season in the same span.

How is this even relevant to anything