PFB+ Running Challenge

We’re going to have a facilitate a challenge next month: a month-long running competition amongst the PFB crew and the PFB+ers.

Winner gets $100 credit at the PFB Store, which is furnished and even has new items available. The challenge begins June 1 and ends June 30, end of month.

TO SIGN UP: Add your name to the google doc attached to this message.

TO TRACK YOUR RUNS: We will operate on an honors system. Use apple watch, phone app, whatever you need but please be precise and don’t guess. If you’re running 300 miles a week, we may be suspicious (but have no way to prove your guilt). So long story long: please be honest. We trust those in the PFB+ group to cooperate and we’ll make this a fun competition.

Add your name in to the sheet below, and you’ll see I’ve created slots each day for you to track your running for every day in the month. Total monthly mileage will be automatically calculcated.

Let the fun begin …

1 Like

Treadmill running accepted?

Recently read Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. Also ran his 4x4x48 challange a couple weekends ago. This should be fun!

4 Likes

Time for second half “Texas defense” cramps. Sorry, but I’ll have to pass. Although I have started walking a lot more. :rofl:

1 Like

Gary, c’mon.

2 Likes

I’m in! All for that additional accountability as well!

2 Likes

Sure!

You’re going to smoke me and I am already pre-upset about it.

1 Like

After reading that you can get fired up to run 300 miles per week. One of my favorite all-time books!

I’m pumped about this. Big mood. Big plans. Hope Gundy gets involved.

2 Likes

Ah man Gruenbacher??? Ya, giving up hope that I’ve got a shot

Narrator: there was no point where he had a shot

3 Likes

I am not sure who this Gruenbacher is, but sounds like a good challenge. I’m in!

2 Likes

The challenge hasn’t even started and I’ve already quit.

10 Likes

I don’t even want to ask but if people already are aware of his running capabilities I am donezo.

The good news is that it doesn’t rewards FAST runners, based on the format, only consistent runners who run long distances. So if you want to run 10 miles at 15 minutes per mile, it counts all the same as 5 minute miles!

3 Likes

me prepping for June 1

Some of us like to take the pragmatic approach. :laughing:

1 Like

Well then you can just give me the win now. I’ll obliterate everyone, and I’ll prove it. :sunglasses: :eyes: :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

1 Like
  • turns on treadmill, moves to couch with popcorn for 3 hours, returns to treadmill for a distance picture
3 Likes

keystonecowboy

1m

• turns on treadmill, moves to couch with popcorn for 3 hours *and drinks a case of Keystone,*returns to treadmill for a distance picture
3 Likes
  • sprays self with water (to look really sweaty)

• fake panting

2 Likes