PFB+ Weather Thread

Welcome to Spring time!

Any storm chasers out there? Post your adventures in this thread.

1 Like

Spring forward had me on a roller coaster of thoughts about the upcoming weather this morning.

No kidding, I almost went to OU to study meteorology so I could storm chase.

1 Like

Me too but the job options aren’t great if you don’t want to be a broadcast meteorologist.

1 Like

Yessir!

Oooh thanks for the reminder. Time to get the HT out and charged up for the “fun” of Weather Nets on the local VHF/UHF repeater networks.

2 Likes

I enjoy following Mike Olbinski on Twitter. He has some great photography and videography of severe weather. He does chases in the central plains as well as here in Arizona, so there is a mix of tornados and haboobs (dust storms). He does pepper his feed with a bit too much politics for me in the offseason, but that comes with the territory these days. His video work has been featured in Marvel movies and he has several time-lapse storm sequence videos on YouTube that are excellent. https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeOlbinski

1 Like

Near Durant earlier:

Tornado Watch here in Tulsa

YEEEEHAWWWW HERE WE GO. Rotation over Guthrie.

1 Like

Your truck kr mine @Dribble ? We can argue the whole time we chase storms.

2 Likes

Yours, if you’re in Guthrie then looks like we meet outside of BPS. Fire Gundy!

1 Like

My favorite past time tonight. Watching Travis Myers. Just pray noone gets hurt.

3 Likes

I’m a mile and a half south of Guthrie in the greatest suburb in America, Edmond. :wink:

Meet you outside BPS. We’ll podcast our travels.

2 Likes

I want a live stream but you have bring all the heavy hitters of PFB+ via phone into the conversation.

1 Like

Wow, I’ve never considered myself a heavy hitter. I’m humbled by your acknowledgment of my efforts to this small community.

4 Likes

Gnarly storm through Tulsa

Fort Smith and Van Buren going to get hit hard. Hopefully no damage to my growers chicken farms. Hauling chickens out of a tornado collapsed barn SUCKS!!

2 Likes

You’ve done this before?

1 Like

Peggs America is gonna survive again. Just some wind and rain. Fun to watch come in though.

Now if the stinking satellite would get a signal, I could go back to watching Travis.