PFB+ Softball (Part 2)

He also talked publicly about the importance of other conference members scheduling tougher. Our RPI took a hit this year because everyone outside of OU, UT, Baylor and us played cupcakes in the non con. That will have to change.

3 Likes

I understand that it sucks to lose to them, but they aren’t the one’s standing in our way in OKC. That’s OU, Florida…those type of teams. Who gives a sh-t about ISU in softball?

Apparently OSU softball doesn’t care as ISU more often than not kicks our arse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But why I care is:

1. due to 2011 screw job in football and a few other ISU games that hurt us, I hate ISU kinda like you do Goon.

2. Losing to ISU last year (we lost series) did hurt OSU softball. Had we swept ISU like we should have, we would have been ahead of Goon in conference standings after Bedlam and maybe even had a chance at the Big 12 title;

3. losing to ISU is a bad loss typically and can hurt us in post-season seeding, etc. This will really be true now after OU-Texit.

1 Like

Points 2 and 3 are valid. As far as point 1, no one can hate any team as much as I hate Goon.

2 Likes

This is a true fact :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Tbf, I did preface with “kinda”, LOL!

2 Likes

https://x.com/ucf_softball/status/1810683006946074669?s=46&t=dnUD7d06-bxA3QdXCusP9g

So, is this a good thing or a bad thing or just a thing that happens. And do we go get a better replacement?

She was listed under support staff on the roster on okstate.com. I’m not sure what off field duties she had, but she was the first base coach all season.
Probably not a big deal, and easily replaceable for us.

Good for her getting a true assistant job.

3 Likes

So another pitcher from Louisiana committed to OU today, and an article I read said that was their last roster spot. Will be interesting to see what Canady is going to do. I guess she could be a walk on lol. I know she’d get plenty of NIL so the scholarship isn’t that big of a deal, but it’s interesting she still hasn’t committed. I really hope that means ou is not where she’s going.

8 Likes

Makes you wonder if Canady just stays with Stanford, especially if they matched NIL. Maybe she goes to Florida given they are loaded and might give her a path to a natty. But I’m pleasantly surprised she’s not already in Norman, LOL.

2 Likes

I saw a post saying that’s wrong, and they still have one spot available. Not sure though.

1 Like

Is Florida’s roster full? I have a lot of faith in my contact that said Canady is going to FL. But I’ve been completely checked out for 3 weeks.

I saw that too after the fact, but it was The Oklahoman that reported the other pitcher took the last spot and not some average Joe on X, but you’re right. Who knows?

1 Like

I honestly don’t know. I have no clue what they lost and what they have coming in. IMO, Florida is less of an unknown than ou next year because ou basically lost everyone who contributed much of anything.

2 Likes

Blockquote
https://twitter.com/lonestarleague/status/1812662050285351101?s=46&t=Kr-MRGz89gYcOODj5y2zpg

ERA seems a little high but I like that strikeout number

6 Likes

Hopefully Katie Kutz has an :rose::strawberry: esque improvement this year! :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

She has to develop that Ebrele special drop balls. I know she already has rising ball and speed balls.

3 Likes

:joy: I like that you called them this.

8 Likes

Those are the only names that I know. Lol

4 Likes