PFB+ Transfer Portal Thread

I just wanted to say “Steve” get going lol. Because why not.

1 Like

I mean…there might be a small chance it doesn’t happen, from an academic standards perspective…

Intro press conference and portal acquisition announcements tomorrow!

1 Like

UMs president seems confident theyll be good next year. I was just at a conferenc with hin and he mentioned something about it

5 Likes

One of the rumors flying around UM fanbase is that Dusty May was guaranteed that admissions would be more lenient on incoming transfers for him. A lot of my family are huge Michigan fans and multiple are alums

5 Likes

https://x.com/portal_updates/status/1777334589519781993

This is unfortunate. He was by far our best player this past year statistically. Small’s PER of 15.4 was tied for 52nd high for OSU since 1980. Garrison was next, at 11.7 (tied for 109th). Due to age and position, Garrison is almost certainly the higher priority to keep, but can’t dismiss Small’s contribution.

4 Likes

With so many spots to fill I’m getting antsy. However, as I’m not following the portal closely could someone tell me if kids are committing yet or are we still early on that front. Closes in 2-3 weeks right? But that just is to enter. They don’t have to declare until enrollment and classes start?

2 Likes

We shouldn’t start to judge Lutz’ performance until year 2. Year one will be about getting philosophies instilled and schemes locked down. Roster building will take a year or two.

12 Likes

Counterpoint: I want to make the tournament in year one

13 Likes

Counter-counterpoint. If we don’t, it shouldn’t sting too much. Since we have that result every single year.:joy:

6 Likes

If we wanted the same result, we wouldn’t have fired our coach. :joy:

3 Likes

I was promised by everyone I (digitally) know that if we fired HCMB we’d be in the tournament next year. So that is what I am expecting. /s, kinda

3 Likes

I was promised a Final 4. /s

4 Likes

Expecting Lutz to make the tourney in year 1 is unrealistic, however he’s done it at his previous two spots so who knows :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

He did it by winning the tourneys though, much harder to do in the B12

4 Likes

You aren’t making the tourney at Corpus Christi or Western Kentucky without winning the tourney

12 Likes

For sure, my point was that while his record was good for a first year at those places, but he still had a fair number of losses. I think he was 9-9 at W. Kentucky. 9-9 in the B12 will be borderline and probably depend on your non-con losses.

1 Like

Totally get it, but can’t we hang our hat on what Tang did at K-State haha

https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1777500179198890348?s=19