PFB+ Wrestling

How much fighting do you have to do in a wrestling room to get kicked off the team? Seems like it would have to border on the pathological.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t straighten out then he shouldn’t be at OSU. Simple as that.

2 Likes

I agree that it’s likely somewhere in the middle but I doubt that the younger brother was left out of the lineup because AJ wouldn’t wrestle hurt. Especially since there are results for Anthony at Allen up to right before the district tournament.

1 Like

There are obvious red flags, but I don’t think the Ferrari’s are some just awful, evil family or something as the guy that posted on the story implied.

The Mastro’s both committed to OSU after being on a team with them for about a year and knowing pretty intimately what went down at Blair. I can’t imagine they’d go “Yeah, we want to team up with those guys” if they didn’t think OSU could manage their personalities.

Haas and Ferrari work out together a lot and were both here on their recruiting trip at the same time. My understanding is they’re actually pretty decent friends. With them both coming in and being who most expect to go 197 and heavyweight, I can’t imagine Caldwell having his little brother sign up to deal with anything he thinks could wind up being some horrible situation for him.

Even their teammate at Allen, Elise Brown Ton committed to OSU after them and he obviously saw whatever went down there and probably has as unbiased a view as anyone on what happened.

I think there is certainly a little cause for concern, but if they were as malicious as the new guy in the comments seems to think, I don’t think Brown Ton, Haas, or the Mastro’s would be too interested in teaming up with him here and they all seem pretty unphased.

7 Likes

Where is this post disputing Ferrari’s story?

Thanks.

I can tell you this just has a bad feel to me. Just because there is smoke, doesn’t mean there’s a fire, but when there’s smoke, smoke, smoke, smoke you better get the hose.

I hope like hell he comes, is a model citizen and kicks buttocks. I am concerned though.

1 Like

There are red flags and concerns for sure. They seem to be an extremely competitive and driven family. I do think the dad and AJ are smart enough to realize what it will take to accomplish their goal which is Olympic and world medals and that is learning from a guy like John Smith.

You don’t pass on a talent like this and as Seth said there is so much familiarity with AJ and none of those other wrestlers or our coaches who have known and interacted with him for years had concerns enough to stop recruiting him or, for the other wrestlers, to go elsewhere.

There is an awful lot of mutual respect in this dynamic and I’m hopefully that will keep it all together but we aren’t dealing with a Marstellar here. I’m just ready to get him to Stillwater and under the guidance of John, Espo and Perry.

5 Likes

Hope you’re right.

It looks like the bigger concern is with his brother not with AJ.

2 Likes

Yes. I tend to agree and maybe maturity sorts that.

1 Like

I agree it would have to be pretty bad to get kicked off the team. As an example my son is currently wrestling in high school and a couple of his teammates last fall got into it during a practice and one got knocked out cold from a thrown punch. The coach just had them drag him to the side and continued practice…

3 Likes

My experience was always that the tolerance was really high. Hopefully it’s a maturity thing as much as anything else. And at Blair I can imagine having a hard time adjusting to not being the big dog.

1 Like

Punches get thrown in wrestling rooms on a pretty regular basis.

1 Like

Yeah I think the fight at Blair was outside of the wrestling room.

And I don’t think that AJ is the issue here at all… Anthony is a very strong, solid wrestler and could certainly be great, but he also seems to be a real issue.

2 Likes

Yeah I have thrown a few myself. Also nearly bit a teammates thumb off when he tried to fish hook me during a match…

2 Likes

Agreed. He is young. I’m sure there is more to it then him just being a “bad apple.” He isn’t an OSU wrestler yet and has time to grow up. If he doesn’t he won’t be here and he will be the only one who misses out.

1 Like

If one of you younger single guys were smart, you’d go talk to his big sister… Explain your concerns, see how you two can come together to fix it, maybe convince her that he needs a big brother in law as a positive influence in his life… Just saying

9 Likes

Paging @DrCCowboy

2 Likes

Riiiiight

1 Like