PFB+ Wrestling

I was just trying to get you to seek out brain cell damaging activity haha my bad

5 Likes

I know. I’m being a bit facetious.

There were some legal troubles that caused some delay and then ultimately I think led to us not taking him.

2 Likes

I dove into OSU’s schedule that could end with the Pokes getting the most ranked wins since 2005-06: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-wrestling-firmly-at-no-2-cowboys-have-beaten-more-ranked-teams-than-anyone-in-the-country/

6 Likes

https://x.com/danielallen1738/status/1757483400884367563?s=20

4 Likes

Someone say beer !! :smiling_face:

6 guys ranked inside the top 10, with another 2 or 3 that have a shot of getting there. Are we… back?

1 Like

I would say we are back… in the discussion for who can win second…

12 Likes

this year’s recruiting class is really good too

will need to replace 133, but next year we could be even better with guys like Jamison, Travis, Williams, Thompson, and Carroll all having a year of exp

2 Likes

Couldn’t Hughes slot in and replace fix at 133. He looked really good at Wyoming when he wrestled at 141.

1 Like

Hughes would be the obvious guy for sure. I think he is going to be a four year stud.

2 Likes

Yeah, and it will be interesting to see how they use the portal. Maybe find a 165 again?

Penn State is so ■■■■ deep with young talent you wonder if they will have some attrition with guys that are behind AAs, but could start on most teams.

1 Like

Get their back up on 165. Should be automatic AA.

2 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Hughes next year. Sakamoto redshirt to transition then you have Hughes sakamoto and Jamison log jam for 133/141. Could maybe see Williams filling out and finishing his last season or two at 157 and Jamison maybe bumping to 149. But feels like a stretch with how he looks kinda thin now at 149.

2 Likes

PSU has 3 backups at 165 that could all start for us next season lol

2 Likes

What do you know generally about Sam Smith’s potential? Not sure if Spratley has a hard time making weight now, but wondering if he will eventually need to bump to 133.

Sam Smith won’t ever start IMO. Nice practice depth. And I also think Spratley will be a career 125

2 Likes

I would be more concerned with 165 184 197 next year. I guess Jersey Robb slides in at 197 maybe?

He looked pretty amazing getting the forfeit at Mizzou…:metal:

That would be awesome to have 125 locked down for the foreseeable future.

1 Like