Picture Painted in Stillwater Not One of Abuse but Distance and Unavailability

“Some of the things that I’m hearing from the fans and the alumni are very disheartening,” Imade told Allen. “You’re not doing Mike Gundy any good, the team any good, if you are defending what that shirt represents.”

Your also not doing your coach any good by putting him on the National spotlight through social media and making it look like he’s a racist uncaring coach in front of the entire media when he’s more than just a few times taken up for his players publicly, and in the past at least a few times mentioned how good of a kid Chuba is and how hard he works to the public.

Then Chuba has the audacity to say to the sports media “He knows what he did wrong”. That tells me you not only don’t have any respect for other people, but you don’t have any respect for yourself. How are you benefiting the team as a whole by putting OSU football in a negative spotlight while at the same time practically demanding things change for you and a few others? That sounds like a little bit of self entitlement.

All you’re essentially saying is people should do what you ask them to and they don’t have any right whatsoever to challenge your position or belief on anything without providing any logical or reasonable explanation. During some point these players are going to have to realize that after football ends their employer is going to have rules that they won’t have the power to change.

If we are going to let a few players dictate every move in the OSU football program then I’d rather them just go ahead and enter the transfer portal.

3 Likes

Perhaps you didn’t notice the illegal spying on a political candidate (Trump) by Obama when he was President. It makes Watergate look like peanuts. It has actually been going on since the Obama IRS chose to take illegal action against the Tea Party in 2012. That morphed into the NSA database spying, which then morphed into the FISA abuses, the Russia Hoax, and the Muller investigation which, not surprisingly, found the Trump campaign did not collude with Russians. It is also known the Steele dossier was known by Muller to be a complete fabrication in Jan 2017 when the FBI interviewed the subsource. They knew it was false but continued the investigation for 2 more years through an election. If you were concerened about Watergate, the use of intelligence agencies to illegally spy on the opposition during an election should shake you to your bones. However, if it fits neatly into your political view, then you would likely ignore it for your personal political gain.

It’s been hidden behind investigations and political coverups but the truth is coming out. Lies are hard to sustain. You keep having to tell more lies to cover it up.

Trump is not a racist. That’s a lie and it is used to paint opposition in a negative light rather than face up to policy differences between candidates. It creates exactly the false environment I was talking about.

4 Likes

Please, T-Bone, he doesn’t want to be bothered with details. It’s much easier to call everyone a RACIST!!

1 Like

Well done Kyle. That was a breath of fresh air from PFB. Well researched and written with thoughtful reporting on a unique take.
It is always reported that Gundy has an open door policy but is the disconnect because he avoids it, his players don’t take advantage of it, or they feel unsure that the door is actually open?
I feel confident that this uncomfortable situation will lead to change in Gundy and his players but I hope it changes some thinking of fans and other people everywhere to live by the “Golden Rule”. I am a Christian but you do not have to believe in God to live by the Golden Rule because it encourages everyone to be a decent human being.

U write way to much and it usually says little to nothing. The reason Gundy gets 5 million cause he has won. It’s is known that Gundy has an open door policy. Read real reporters they report this. So your whole article says nothing, but chuba needs extra hand holding. I know I don’t like Gundy because of trump not his coaching. I wish I could say that about your writing. I could at least try to believe u.

1 Like

i thought i remembered gundy spending half the season last year talking about how great chuba was…(at least i thought).he constantly went out of his way to support him

anyway, good post, well said

1 Like

You realize the democrats are doing the exact same thing, right? You have half the country standing behind an accused child molester who has recorded instances of racism and uses 12 adjectives to describe himself every sentence, and the other half is fighting to replace him with an accused child molester who has recorded instances of racism and has no ability to form any sort of coherent sentence.

Out of 350 million people, we are told to believe that these are the best two options we can come up with. Everyone knows there are more qualified candidates on either side, but that wouldn’t make for a very popular race, would it?

At a principled level, your points are valid. However, you are not clearly connecting those points to the issue raised in the article. That is Gundy failed in endearing to his team. Bringing the conservatives vs liberal politics to this not quite valid. If you have a strong relationship with the people who you work with, no one will have issues with your political views. By the way, no one is saying that majority of white people are racist. I would say it is only a small minority and that is the case in all races.

I can wrap myself with this point on Gundy. His aloofness doesn’t allow him to relate and be a trusted figure with his players. He does need to correct this. His constant just calling a player by their number irritates the hell outta me. Hopefully he hears and corrects this. It will be beneficial to him. Doesn’t matter what political party he follows, he needs to keep that down since most of his players are black. He’s a public figure. I do think this maybe a wake up call on this. Hopefully so

1 Like

Or he could be just a good coach and not very personable?

Oh he’s personable for sure. Cocky , but he’s been that way since he was QB in the 80’s. There is a big difference to me in cocky and confident. Probably the one item that infuriates me at him is his playing it close to the vest with the goons. Three, four times I was confident we had the better team, would get a lead and be conservative. Loss … Holgerson and Monken showed no mercy. Gundy is a good coach no doubt, keeping good assistants has been hard, egos I would say. I hope the team makes this a rallying point to come together and be great this year