Pistols Firing Film Look: Breaking Down 2020 DB Recruit Korie Black

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/pistols-firing-film-look-breaking-down-2020-db-recruit-korie-black/

Next up in the 2020 recruiting class film study series is three-star defensive back Korie Black. After covering several transfers, I’m getting back to the high school products. If you want to check out my other posts in this series, see the links below: • Shane Illingworth • Trent Pullen • Eli Russ • Collin Clay • Josh Sills • Christian Holmes Black is the second player out of Connally High School in this recruiting class for the Pokes, along with offensive lineman Trent Pullen. The young corner played both ways for the Cadets, racking up over 500 yards receiving on offense to go along with some stellar player on the defensive side of the football. I was able to watch one game from his junior season against Lorena High School, a team that made it to the third round of the Texas 4A Division 2 State Playoffs that season. I was able to review two games from this past season against Spring Hill (playoff team, lost to Connally in the second round) and Gilmer (playoff team, lost in the fourth round to eventual champion Pleasant Grove). All of the clips in this post will come from these three games…