Playoffs? You talking about Playoffs?

Sorry, I had to start a thread…because why not.

1. Sooners are imploding
  2. I’m still on a high from last night crazy atmosphere and game.
11 Likes

Depending on how the CFP committee ranks us Tuesday our path seems pretty clear.

1. If we land at 5th and jump Notre Dame then I think it is safe to say we would also jump Cincinnati with a win against Baylor in the CCG. We would control our own destiny for the four seed. A Bama loss would probably give us the three seed.

2. We don’t jump Notre Dame and are 6th. We must beat Baylor and then hope for a Bama, a Michigan, or a Cincinnati loss. That would probably be enough for us to finally jump Notre Dame and get the four seed.

4 Likes

Makes sense, even if we are 6th we’ll have that sweet sweet “extra data point”

3 Likes

Exactly. We should jump them this week and be 5th, but even for everybody worried about helmet sticker we will jump them with an extra win

1 Like

Good thing ND doesn’t have a helmet sticker :joy:

9 Likes

I would say a win over a top 10 team should edge out a win over… 3-9 Stanford. Also AP and Coaches both dropped Wisconsin IIRC, which means that ND would have exactly 0 current top 25 wins.

3 Likes

Touche sir, touche

That’s basically my thoughts on it.

1 Like

Premature- hangover game coming up.

2 Likes

And he’s back baby! Never change Dan

1 Like

Playoffs or Fiesta

1 Like

I want that sweet sweet Big 12 championship ring.

2 Likes

If we win, the only concerns are Bama winning or Cincy dominating Houston. Both would probably keep us out for certain. I think there is a certain bias this year to include an undefeated non-P5 team in. We are the perfect scapegoat. I’d put our odds of getting in with a win at 75%. Go Dawgs and go Coogs, and GO POKES!!!

2 Likes

It is in our wheelhouse to get screwed out of these things. Playoffs, Sugar or Fiesta

Just win.

10 Likes

My mantra. One game at a time.

4 Likes

Win and we’re in. 92%+ chance.

1 Like

92% based on expected outcomes. Bama has looked like crap but they have stabbed UGA through the heart in the past. It worries me, just like Bedlam worried me. Hope for the same outcome.

4 Likes

Zero chance I take a bet against Saban.

I’ve been saying this for weeks now, just win and we are in. I had doubts at the beginning of the third quarter last night, but it’s a new standard at OSU and that’s believe. Believe we can and the rest will fall into place.
I told my brother 10 years ago that OSU will have a natty before OU does, of course, I was thinking UT-Norman wasn’t going to win one, but we are on the doorstep of greatness right now.
Remember back to the early games and how some of us wanted to fire Gundy and Dunn, now look at us.
The defense is one of the best in the nation and our offense, if it gets out of their own way and quits spotting points, is really pretty good. We scored 37 points on the boys down south, that is really remarkable. Thank God, the the 3rd quarter only lasts 15 min or we could be in trouble.
Beat Baylor and we are in, why else did the committee rank UT-Norman 10 and Baylor 8th in last weeks polls? So we could have a chance to beat 2 top-10 teams each week. Everyone is tired of the same teams in the playoffs and some fresh new blood is needed. Let it be ours and Cincy.
Just win and believe.

4 Likes