Predicting Oklahoma State's Starting Lineup on July 1

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/predicting-oklahoma-states-starting-lineup-on-july-1/

Cade, Ice, Kalib and who else?

Why is Avery Anderson completely locked out of consideration in any of the rotations? He was raw and out of control at times, but also had some very good minutes and even flashes of greatness, in my opinion.

I agree that Avery is going to be an awesome piece for years to come, but OSU will need a ballhandler off the bench with Ice and Cade both starting.

I think whoever plays the best defense will start at the 4, but with Cade’s size the 1 through 5 may not be the same on offense and defense, right? So Cade may play the 1 on offense but guard the 3 or 4 on defense. I like the lineup of Cade, (hottest 3-point shooter), Ice, Boone, Boone. In this situation Cade guards the 3 and your 2 and Ice matchup with the opposing PG and SG.

Keelan gives you a stretch 4 on offense and some experience. You could sub in Moncrieff, Pena, and Kouma at the 4 or 5 and still not have an all “new guy” front court.

Regardless of Coach Boynton’s decisions in terms of lineups, I think we can all agree this is potentially the most athletic and dynamic roster we’ve had since the 2004 Final Four squad! I’m so excited!!! LET’S GO!!!

2 Likes

I think Flavors is a lock for the begging of the season due to experience and let the young guys work through their issues.

Early season roster
Cade
Flavors
Ice
MAM/Ke. Boone
Ka. Boone

Mid season
Cade
Harris
Ice
MAM/ Ke. Boone
Ka. Boone

Late season
Cade
Harris/ Walker or Williams idk yet
Ice
MAM
Ka. Boone/ Kouma (gonna need him late against WVU when big 12 champions opportunity is on the line)

I think it will be largely based on matchups and practice. I agree with the Ka Boone, Ice, Cade. That is a good core. I could see them going small with Cade defending the 4. Or making a 4 guard him.

I would like and therefore guess that it will be boone, Boone, Cade, ice, and favors. I think MAM will be an energy piece off the bench. And Anderson and Harris will come in and pressure the point more. I question the bigs Pena and kouma. Boynton doesn’t by nature seem to put two bigs on the court at the same time. Only when the matchup requires will we see the two big lineups. Especially with the depth at guard.

never thought about it - but they’re very similar in a few ways right? undersized center and twins playing the 4/5 spots?

1 Like