Projecting OSU Football's Defensive Depth Chart Heading into Spring

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/projecting-osu-footballs-defensive-depth-chart-heading-into-spring/

OSU has a ton of star power returning on defense in 2021.

Got players galore. My main concern is ford. But we got depth.

1 Like

Don’t we have a Safety transferring in as well?

1 Like

Yes good point

Worried about the corner position, those guys are going to get picked on a LOT. But to only lose two guys from last year’s stacked defense is huge. With how often the offense struggled last year, it’s hard to imagine this team will be in worse shape than that one, even without Wallace or Hubbard.

1 Like

Better than a team that had no excuse for missing the Big 12 Championship Game? Respectfully disagree.

3 Likes

Offensive line was the excuse. You should be able to overcome injuries, but I don’t even know if OU is going 10-12 men deep and not having problems.

2 Likes

Another year and another excuse.

2 Likes

Yes another year of gundy. And another of hear ur excuses why he should be gone.
Next year club. Next year. Rah rah.

1 Like

Its funny gundy is hired to win games. And he does.
U only out to get him fired. So what ur excuse. Gundy still here. Gundy has a hundred jobs to do. U have one with friends do u have excuses. Maybe next year??? U r part of the next year club.

1 Like

U never said anything about gundy being in the top ten in conferences wins in the last 10 years. Ur always on about the schedule. But dude top ten in conference wins. Ur bagging on a coach who is top 10 in wins topten in conferences wins and top 10 in top 25 wins.
By now u should see how we’re not all jumping on ur band wagon. And I find it hard to understand if ur mentally stable enough to drive a wagon.

2 Likes

He was driving the schooner when it turned over :crazy_face: got fired now he’s crying hoping he’s forgiven :crazy_face::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::crazy_face::joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

With Safety being so stacked,& CB being young hopefully they move Harper back over their where he played in high school,good fit,adds much needed depth. Beisdes CB this defense is stacked,& should make alot of plays. Come on Spring Ball already! GO POKES

2 Likes

They had one of the worst line’s in the conference last season due to opt-outs and injuries, which is the most important position on the field.

I think u are miss reading his post.

1 Like

If those were a one-off thing for the o-line, that’s one thing. But it’s been something wrong with the o-line every season since 2011. Injuries or depth or recruiting or transferring or kicking guys off for disciplinary reasons or something… How many o-line coaches have we been through in the last 10 seasons? Too many. And all of that IS on Gundy. Just so sick of the excuses as to why Gundy can’t win another Big 12 title. He needs to be gone. Cause even with this great defense, the returning guys on offense, Sanders development, and any other factor you can think of, Gundy will never win anything else of significance. 2011 was lightning in a bottle and a distance memory for me.

2 Likes

Oh it is? Because based on some of the things he’s said in the past it seems like he thinks he’s a college professor and adult mentor to his players and the media rather than telling or coaching them how to play football.

Since Wickline left (after the 2013 season) and since the beginning of the 2014 season we are currently on our 4th OL coach. We’ve had four OL coaches in the last seven seasons. Nobody seems to care about that though. Now is that due to being a failure as an OL coach? Or could it possibly be these coaches are sick of working under Gundy?

Bob Connelly, Greg Adkins, Josh Henson, and now Charlie Dickey. The people trying to save face for Gundy probably aren’t even aware we’ve had this many since 2014. Under Wickline we had one of the best lines at protecting the QB in the entire country. After Wickline left we began being one of the worst OLines in the country at protecting QB.

I’m glad you brought this issue up because it’s not talked about enough. I think Dickey is a great OL coach, but I think it’s fairly sad that besides this upcoming draft we’ve had no lineman drafted since Wickline had left. Most team competing for championships have a good interior to rely on for the offense. We haven’t had that in years!!!

Ok go become a ou fan travis because next year gundy is the coach. I think its mandatory to be a Cryer as a goon.

Gundy is the coach next year get a group together and cry.