QB Recruit Garret Rangel Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/qb-recruit-garret-rangel-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

OSU has its centerpiece for the 2022 class.

Sorry, but not enough stars to make him glitter in my eyes.

1 Like

@kyleboone I called this a few days ago, you should hit me up about a job offer on the pistols firing staff​:eyes::eyes:

1 Like

@ty14 Hah! Good call mate. We got a heads up about it a few weeks ago. Pumped. Think he’s an absolute stud.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Looks very athletic and is described by his high school teammate as high level leader. I look forward to seeing this kid progress over the next few years.

1 Like

Oklahoma University signed literally the #1 QB recruit in the United States. We are forever second to OU in football. It’s ok. I still bleed orange, besides there are other sports in which we rule the roost. It is what it is.

I don’t think a single person here thinks we should or ever will be better than OU. It’s just not gonna happen unless they get hit with the death penalty or and earthquake swallows the whole city of Norman. We just would like to be slightly more competitive with them. And to do that you need to step recruiting up a little bit.

1 Like

I like this kid !!! Has a great arm it looks like, scrabbles well, has some moxie, a leader. Watch his recruitment go up. 70% completion rate. Great addition :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Lol don’t root fir these three stars in the nfl then

1 Like

I hope he is great but he is a 3 star whose best other offer was Vanderbilt and PFB has five articles immediately after he commits? Is the bar on our recruiting that low?

2 Likes

Yes it is. Pretty sad.

1 Like

Great pick up. Can wait for joe. His cowboy culture cup will be over flowing on this kid. Well are ranking all went up. #9 nat. Second in big 12. And are ave is higher.

Maybe he’ll be a 4 star by the time he’s done with his senior year.

Yes. That’s why some of us have been pointing this issue out for a long time. People just don’t want to listen.

Wait until all the three star recruits start pouring in while the four stars and up commit elsewhere. I’m sure we’ll be around 38th or so. I just wouldn’t get too excited about it just yet.

Really really vandy no way that’s great.
I got a different take on his offers Virginia tech utah northwestern Houston. And u come up with vandy.
He is a smart guy that’s why northwestern and vandy on there.

1 Like

U just said r qb is going to be 4 star. Gordon should a 4 star is on espn. 247 has him as a .83. That’s a joke. 11 power 5 offers 17 d1 offers is that go inline with .83.
So go on joe put ur white flag up. I carry on as a good cowboy

1 Like

Joe,I caught the humor in that statement. You are referring to one of Gundy’s most frequent rebuttals to the objection that OSU does not get enough high level recruits. “In our system we take 3 star recruits and turn them into 4 stars.”

1 Like

I didn’t say he was GOING TO BE a 4 star. What I said is he still has a chance of GETTING his 4 star during his senior year.

I know you have problems reading English and grammatical errors but please try your best to pay attention to what I ACTUALLY SAID!!!