Recap: Cowboys Snap Cyclones' Unbeaten Home Streak, Top No. 11 Iowa State 64-56

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/recap-cowboys-snap-cyclones-unbeaten-home-streak-top-iowa-state-64-56/

The Cowboy steal Hilton’s magic.

Asberry with some beautiful shitt talking to cause ISU to mentally fold. Him chatting at the line with Grill changed the game for us.

4 Likes

Also holy hell those refs were horrendous all around. I think they were worse than the ISU/WVU game.

3 Likes

Boone again had a half with no shots. I not counting a last second 3 in last game. I know he has opened up others, still need to get him the ball

2 Likes

Dang that was a nice win

3 Likes

Hopefully since the team has proved they can win when he’s doubled they let up on him a bit. Also Cisse’s hands just looked off tonight. He couldn’t seem to get a grip on anything coming his way.

2 Likes

Awesome win, I didn’t think they’d ever get off of 40 points.

2 Likes

Glad to see this team finally coming together at the right time for a tournament push. Definitely didn’t see this coming early in the year, but man I’m glad I was wrong.

4 Likes

The radio boys was think his ankle is still giving him fits.

2 Likes

They are double teaming him.

Seems like this team took an upswing when Newton was put in as a starter. Strange how things work. Sure didn’t expect this win but I’ll take it.
Guards stepped up today big time. Offense seems to be clicking
Go Pokes :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thinks for the info captain obvious. Like they only do it in 1 half. Matter a fact is that new to all big men

1 Like

Just think if we still had ice running the point still lol. Dude hurt this team for too many years. He’s not a fan favorite at OSU right now. Hate to say it but another guy who has hurt this team for way too long is Anderson. Boynton’s down fall is loyalty to players. Need to start getting a mixture of athleticism and a few high BB IQ players. Keep finding a way to win boys!!!

[quote=“robert28, post:4, topic:17794, full:true”]
Boone again had a half with no shots. I not counting a last second 3 in last game. I know he has opened up others, still need to get him the ball
[/quote] We’ll, you seemed not to have the answer in your statement.

Jeff i know your a true okie. Get some one to reread it to you and expluan it

1 Like

Gotta give coach Boynton a ton of credit for getting this team to play under control. For the longest time they were a helter-skelter turnover machine with zero offensive rhythm. Now, since the absence of Anderson, surprisingly they seem to be gelling together and playing under control for the most part. I thought for sure losing Anderson was going to be a negative, but JMW and Asberry have stepped up their game, and if Thompson could consistently cut his turnovers in half, this team could make a run in the Tourney.

AA had some tough games , turnovers, scoring, running the point. He’s probably the best defensive player we have otherwise Boynton wouldn’t assign him to the other teams best scorer. I get it he make mistakes but he isn’t trash

2 Likes