Recap: Oklahoma State Falls in Bedlam 28-13, Despite Shutting Out OU over the Final Three Quarters

So give me your list of candidates that you think are better AND that OSU could get?

1 Like

7.5 mil can get you a hell of a coach. He may not stay for 20 years but it will be able to get you a good coach.

2 Likes

“Elevate the program”………by hiring Zac Robinson? What has Zac Robinson done that leads you to believe that he’d be better than the most successful coach in your programs history?

1 Like

“It can get you a good coach”……tell me what program that is at OSU’s level that is bringing in a name that is bigger than Mike Gundy? First off, you need to realize what type of job OSU is. If you think you’re instantly capable of bringing in someone better……you’ve lost your mind

1 Like

It’s a top 10 paying job. You can find someone willing to hang around for a couple years. Don’t give me this crap that there isn’t a great coach that hasn’t gotten his Ohio state or Bama opportunity yet that won’t take a few years here for 7.5 million a year and then move on.

1 Like

So let’s say you bring in a guy that, as you just said, stays here for a few years and moves on. Find me a guy that’s WON MORE THAN GUNDY, that’s done that? Name one guy that’s been at a place like OSU & WON MORE THAN MIKE GUNDY before moving on?

1 Like

That’s what you’re too dumb to understand……someone else would’ve already left OSU. OSU isn’t winning titles with a guy in a 3yr window. The OSU job needs a guy like Mike because he isn’t leaving.

1 Like

And OSU isn’t bringing in the type of candidate they can get at 7mil a year. Oregon hired one of the top assts in the country and gave him 4mil. OSU isn’t offering up 7mil to some dude

1 Like

I even didn’t say he needed to be fired last night. Dickey and Dunn definitely need to be though. But for 7.5 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR you can buy your way to a great coach for a period of time. At this point I don’t care about a natty. I want a coach that recruits above the mid 40s, wins bedlam at a higher than 15% clip, wins an occasional conference title, and makes you want to care about this team. Watching the post game press conference was absolutely infuriating. To listen to the head coach talk like that is just pathetic. Especially being an alum of the ■■■■ school.

2 Likes

So you want OSU to fire the best coach in their history & hire an unknown guy who would instantly come in and do a better job? You make it sound so simple. I wonder how come Texas, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, UCLA, Ole Miss, Miss St, Texas Tech, Nebraska, OU & basically every school except Georgia & Alabama haven’t done that. Just throw 7mil around to anybody. I’m sure that’s all you gotta do.

1 Like

Nowhere did I say he needed to be fired. All I said was you can get a hell of a coach for that money.

You can get a hell of a coach for 7 mil. But Gundy is making that 7mil based off his body of work. OSU isn’t going to offer 7mil to a guy off the bat, nor should they. OU didn’t. Oregon didn’t. OSU dang sure won’t.

You said it’s a top 10 paying job in the country. That’s not true either.

1 Like

I’m still waiting on you to give me the name of the guy who’s won more than Mike Gundy while at a school like OSU?

1 Like

He’s getting 7.5 million a year. That is what jimbo is getting. It’s a top 10 paying job as of right now. That’s more than Kiffin, Franklin, and Harbaugh.

You do understand that Zac Robinson coaches in the NFL don’t you? And I wasn’t saying Robinson specifically but someone you get who is younger and can offer a new look.

Okay here’s a big one for you & just for you…. Who was Mike Gundy before the OSU coaching job? Oh snap, a regular under the radar guy that had a lot to offer! And you know what’s crazy, there’s probably a lot of guys out there right now that if given the opportunity could do great things! Wow never would’ve thought of that one.

1 Like

Dude what are you talking about??? Gundy has been here for 18 years!!! I sure hope he’s won a lot if he’s been here for that long. Let me ask you this, how many times in 18 years has he beaten OU? How many conference championships do we have? How many top 20 recruiting classes have we had?

Jimbo Fisher is making 9mil. Christobal at Miami is making 8, which is the 10th highest. Do me a favor……go look at what those schools are. OSU can’t compete with that type of money to dole out as a starting point.

1 Like

You do realize that NFL gigs and college gigs are much different? You do realize that Zac Robinson has never even been a coordinator. Has never called plays. Has never recruited. Has never put together a staff. Yeah……let’s hand the reigns over to a guy like that. You are a fool

1 Like

BEATING OU IS HARD!! You gonna fire a guy because he can’t figure out how to get Oklahoma St over the OU hump?!?! Good luck with that.

Gundy was more qualified than Zac Robinson. Let me ask you this……what was the OSU job before Gundy took it? Was it a top 20 job? Hell no

You’re right. There are plenty of guys who could be better coaches than Gundy. There are plenty of guys who WILL be better coaches than Gundy. But if that’s all you think you hiring an OSU football coach entails then you’re clueless. You have to get a guy that is willing to stay in Stillwater. To commit for the duration. To care more about the university than he does for himself. That’s the type of player you need at Oklahoma St & it’s ■■■■ sure the type of coach you need. Gundys got flaws. But you clowns that wanna fire him or replace him before he’s ready to leave are what will set a program back 10 years. Bad hires at OU, Bama & Ohio St can be overcome relatively quickly. Bad hires at Oklahoma St can set your program back a decade.

1 Like