Recap: Oklahoma State Falls in Bedlam 28-13, Despite Shutting Out OU over the Final Three Quarters

You’ve been proving to be both. You don’t need to lie.

Gundy could hand him a shitt sandwich and Robert would gobble it down no questions asked.

1 Like

2013 buddy.

The 2013 OU team finished 11-2, beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl & was #6 in the country. I agree that OSU was possibly better……but that’s not some big upset.

Go look at where the teams have finished the last 10 years. OSU averages finishing 3rd in the Conf. It’ll probably be 4th this year. It’ll always be OU & Texas at the top. OSU has finished 3rd quite a bit. TCU likely will this year. Baylor will sneak in there

You need to read the article on this site that posted recently where is tells exactly where OSU finished in the conference since 2011. You aren’t even close with 3rd.

1 Like

The last 10 years, they finished 3rd three times & 4th two times. So that’s not nearly as bad as some of you portray.

Again……he could be better. Arguably should be better. I don’t disagree. Lack of effort on the Recruiting trail is absolutely something I agree with.

1 Like

You said they AVERAGE 3rd in the last 10 years. In order to average 3rd they would either have to finish in the top 1 at least 3-4 times or finish 3rd every single year. They actually average 4.8. Keep in mind there are only 10 teams. lol

2012 - 6th
2015 - 6th
2018 - 5th
2020 - 5th
2023 - 9th projected

Oh, I am going by the chart from PFB. Feel free to check my math @patrick2 .

4.8 looks correct after rounding. That means you included the projected 9th ranking which I see as an outlier. I think what people don’t understand is our ranking will be lower this year because Gundy never planned on going after a big class. He has said all along this year he won’t be taking 20-25 like a typical class because of everything that happened with Covid. I think recruiting rankings are more flawed than ever before because I don’t see they account for the portal. If you want to evaluate the incoming class then do it on the average ranking per player. I worry less about recruiting rankings than most. I understand recruiting is very important, but I see people that pay more attention to recruiting than what’s actually happening on the field. The results in the last decade I would venture to say are better than 4.8.

2 Likes

You guys are right. Fire him.

1 Like

LOL my first thought was “beat OU in the few years that they are no good” LOL. However the shelf life of that goal is too short since bedlam is going away soon. So next level for me is make the CC game 3 out of every 5 years and be in the natty conversion 2 out of those 3 years.

THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN WITH GUNDY. NEVER.

1 Like

That happens with nobody not named Dabo or Saban.

2 Likes

Ok, you realize being “in the natty conversation 2 of 5 years is 40% of the time? If you find a guy like that, put his name out here. I’ll try to see if we can get him to Norman.

If you think Gundy is a level below what you just mentioned……then he’s pretty ■■■■ good.

People on here don’t have a realistic expectation of the program. They think we are Ohio State or Alabama.

1 Like

Not sure what your point is here

That’s why I want someone, anyone to name me a coach that’s done MORE than Mike Gundy while coaching at a school similar to OSU?

I give you two: Beamer@VaTech & Snyder @KState. They had 1 Nat Championship appearance between the two of them, in a format in which it was much less difficult to get there.

You “fire Gundy” people certainly have some support and even some ammunition to back that decision. But you also need to realize that this is more of problem of simply where OSU’s ceiling is as opposed to Mike Gundy’s coaching deficiencies.