Recruiting Predictions: Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe

With Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe set to announce his college choice between a trio of Seton Hall, Georgetown and OSU later on today, we decided to lay down some predictions.

Kyle Boone is still out for a few days, but Marshall Scott and I threw ours down as OSU tries to add to its class of 2020.

Scott: Oklahoma State – At first when I saw the three finalists, I didn’t think things looked good for OSU considering the other two school were in the northeast (closer to home), but that means OSU must have really stood out among other schools. Also Chuba is an elite recruiter.

Porter: Oklahoma State – The behind-the-scenes talk is all OSU for him. At this point, I think I would be more surprised if he ended up at one of the other two schools than I was that Cade ended up at OSU. Unless something flips at the 11th hour, this feels like a lock. OSU will have a top-10 class going into the weekend.

10 Likes

He’s ours, plenty of smoke to suggest so.

5 Likes

I thought we were already #8. ??

Recruiting is always fluctuating, we may be top 10 going into the weekend but by next week we could be 15th. It just depends on where recruits end up picking. 247 sports has a calculator that you can play with to see if you added player X to your team, what would your overall ranking be.

#17 currently

What time today? Does anyone know? I looked at his twitter feed, but it didn’t say

1 Like

Depends when the editing is done on the video

3 Likes

I did this and got the score with MAM added. Gives us a score of 62.85, which if this was our final signing we’d have been ranked 16th in 2019 so I’d imagine we could fluctuate anywhere from 8 to 16 over the rest of the year.

1 Like

You can’t base this class ranking on last year’s ranking order though. It was a different crop of players with a different spread of points. That’d be like saying ‘okay, last year’s class of freshmen averaged a B in their classes, so we can assume that this incoming class will as well’. No, you can’t. There may be fluctuations, sure, but it’s not realistic to assume we’ll be at a certain level just because it would have been that level last year.

Does anyone know the validity to him being Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s cousin? I’ve seen it printed a few places but never either of them talking of it.

1 Like

Think he could be a difference maker and turn us from being LSU with Simmons to a team that can contend. Especially if Thor commits as well.

1 Like

SGA has a cousin named Nickeil Alexander-Walker who plays for the Pels. I haven’t heard anything about SGA being related to MAM

I stand corrected. This says they are all related.

2 Likes

So is this announcement like and end of school day or after school announcement ?

My thoughts as well.

I’m not solely basing it off of last years. All I said is that’s what we would have been last year. And I also proceeded to say “I bet we fluctuate somewhere between 8-16” meaning hey we’re prolly gonna be around these rankings, not we’re gonna be 16 cuz that’s what last years team with that score got.

1 Like

I predict after his announcement, fans from two schools will say they didn’t want him anyway, and that he was overrated. :slight_smile:

That’s my prediction.

2 Likes

Thor isn’t coming. I think it’s time to leave him and Greg Brown in the past. Sorry @TheHeadChimp :rofl:

4 Likes

You mean…OU fans aren’t the only ones that do that when they miss out on a recruit?

3 Likes

Is thor going pro?

1 Like