Recruiting Reset: Mapping out OSU's Ideal Finish to the 2020 Class

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/recruiting-reset-mapping-out-osus-ideal-finish-to-the-2020-class/

Projecting OSU’s finish to 2020 and its most important positions to target.

Sixth in the conference!

I see not much has changed in recruiting. Currently ranked #42 in rivals with teams like Kansas, Minnesota, Louisville, Purdue, Colorado, California, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Arizona State ahead of the pokes.

According to 247 sports they are #43 with almost the same exact teams ahead of them. If you think this team is going to compete for a Big 12 title in the future and can’t beat these teams on the recruiting trail then I don’t know what else to tell you.

1 Like

Gunner will probably be a PWO for oSu. I mean let’s face the truth, why waste a scholarship on him when Mike can pay for his school. There is no doubt he has a lot of talent. They almost beat Bixby. They should have but I believe Gunner fumbled while threatening to score.

Seriously, we need a new RB coach. He barely landed glass at the end of last years recruiting cycle, otherwise his recruiting is nonexistent.

You wouldn’t think it would be that hard to point to some of the paths rbs in the nfl have taken through Oklahoma state ?

Aren’t there some guys with 4* little brothers we can hire?

1 Like

Just about every bit of Oklahoma State recruiting news is depressing, and I just get madder at Gundy every time I see it. Dude is such a defeatist.

One rivals recruiting expert just switched Ngata from OSU to unlikely.

"Eh a player like him wouldn’t want to come here anyway” -Gundy probably

It needs to be put on blast. Our best years had players from way better classes. And that was without this sustained success. Defies all logic that we’d be getting worse and worse at recruiting

1 Like

Bam! Hit the nail on the head.
Recruiting is a reflection of the program. 2 to 3 stars at the most here. Just like the coach, overpaid 3 star.