Recruiting updates?

Are we expecting any good or bad news on NSD?

Really shocked at the lack of recruiting info here

Wrote a little about this last week here. It’s an odd year in that, by and large, the recruiting class is almost entirely accounted for. Not a lot of late drama, not a lot of offers, not a lot of spots left, hence, not a lot of recruiting news. . . .

Anyway, to answer your question directly…

– Could be good news. A running back commitment seems likely either this week or by February, with Deshun Murrell and Alton McCaskill the top targets there (Murrell seems exceedingly unlikely to pick OSU imo). Mississippi State OL commit Nick Jones could be an option too, though last week he said he was sticking with the bulldogs after some late OSU smoke.

– Don’t think there will be bad news. The only potential flip if I had to name a player who is currently committed would be Ty Williams, but that’s only because there was rumors months ago about that potentially happening. Think everyone is pretty locked in now.

7 Likes

Thank you, sorry for being a pain about it lol
Guess it is an odd year for sure

Williams -
Didn’t he come out and say he was committed?

A RB and another
Solid Oline would be good

Not a pain at all @Gundysmullet

As for Williams, he did come out and refute rumors that he was decommitting – but I always overanalyze those things. You never really know what’s going on behind the scenes, and I prefer not counting the chickens before they hatch, etc. I think he’s a firm commit but given previous uncertainty he’s at least on the radar.

Ideally, the best possible finish to this class would be another RB and another OL, especially with 2020 OL signee Trent Pullen hitting the transfer portal and star RB signee Deondrick Glass already doing the same. I’d prefer Alton McCaskill to anyone else OSU has offered at RB. At OL, who knows. They’ve made a ton of offers but nothing looks imminent right now.

Generally, my thoughts on this subject overall is that it’s a good thing that the 2021 class is almost finalized, but it takes a ton of the fun/suspense out of finishing the class off knowing that most holes are filled – even moreso that most of the remaining targets don’t look like OSU looks and/or aren’t big-time recruits

2 Likes
5 Likes

Leggooo

2 Likes

Big time. Excited about these defensive players!

1 Like

Is Ty supposed to be any good or just a good recruit for OSU. Looking at his 24/7 doesn’t seem like he had much interest outside of OSU and Arkansas. I saw awhile back some said Oregon, but looking at that page doesn’t look like there was much interest out the initial offer.

He is a good ball hawk safety. He got injured and missed most of if not all the season.

3 Likes

I think he’s the second most talented player in the class.

2 Likes