Recruiting wonders

I’d like to know all the recruiting stars fanatics take on why Clemson is 7-3 as well as Texas a&m? I thought 4 and 5 stars automatically meant badass status . Yet they’ve lost to teams with very few of both. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There are a few can’t miss prospects every year but a helluva a lot more over rated ones. It’s not like most kids parents can send a kid to 4 camps a summer for exposure. The difference in a high 3 star and a 4 star is very little. The weights and coaching make a showing on these kids. Oliver was a 4 star ? Doesn’t matter what he was he didn’t get a lot of BB offers

2 Likes

Stars matter more early in a players career rather than late. OSU doesn’t have a bunch of 4 stars on defense, but has over 400 starts combined. Thats a LOT of playing experience and that offsets small deficits in talent.

I don’t think Collin Oliver is lacking much in the talent department as a 3 star coming out. Not was trace Ford

1 Like

Oliver was a composite 3 star

1 Like

Wouldn’t you think uo would have offered him had they know what he has become ? I say yes, maybe they thought they had a better recruit they had committed or looking at ? He’s as good as anyone they have in my opinion

I say that is true. Some kids develop earlier than some. They could be topped out too. Gundy try’s to find kids willing to work hard and develop. He thinks they will develop into high 4 stars. Robert brought up the “culture” part of a program, lots of teams and beyond are using it now