Redshirt Tracker: Braylin Presley, Stephon Johnson 'Gonna Play'

Pine bluff. Not much. Im sure he will red shirt.

1 Like

Did he throw any passes?

2 passing attempts

1 Like

Yes and ran the ball

1 Like

I think it’s hard to overcome seniority period at O State. Younger players have been hindered from winning positions or warrant more playing time possibly because Gundy is too Loyal and True. My opinion Chad Whitener could have sat few plays on the sidelines clearly Amen Ogbongbemiga was a better athlete with speed.

You call up 1 player nice. This is another deal that others teams go through. Freshman play here. Not every freshman you guys watch on friday are teady for Saturday

1 Like

Chubba Hubbard was stuck behind LD Brown at one point. LD never could put a whole season together but somehow made two deep. If I’m not mistaken LD was ahead of Jaylen Warren on the depth chart last year. Recruiting has just picked up the last 6 years possibly why we are limited with examples. 10 years ago we played upper class man because we weren’t bringing in anyone of significance.

I think there are a lot of times, on any team, where a more talented or more athletic kid comes in but what you can’t always see is, does he know the playbook? Maybe you have a true freshman phenom QB but if he doesn’t know the plays, its hard to throw him out there and expect him to execute. You can create a few plays for a receiver to get in there and you could maybe put a corner in for some man coverage but until a young guy knows his playbook inside out and backwards, the veteran still has the edge.

When your No. 1 RB goes down you try to find who can replace him. LD couldn’t, he just couldn’t. Chuba made yards every game he was in.

1 Like

Ollie was put in to rest DR , he made the fatal freshman mistake of a fumble. If Sanders doesn’t recover it, it could have changed the whole game ? You never know

1 Like

That’s who I was referring to

1 Like