Report: Big 12 in Talks to Split into Two Seven-Team Divisions Before OU, Texas Leave

Yup and look how it worked out for him

1 Like

I was never a proponent of staying at 10 teams in the first place. Was livid a few years back when we shunned Louisville and BYU and Houston, among others, after Nebraska, Missouri and A&M departures. There is an old gauche adage that if ever you start culling bed partners (cleaning it up for cyber space) you will soon be bedding your culls!!! The Big 12 is now gladly bringing in those ā€˜culledā€™ in previous years.

I wouldnā€™t be opposed to using the likes of Memphis, SMU, even Tulsaā€¦ to get the league to 16 teams, the eventual number of any conference that is a ā€˜superconferenceā€™. The power 5 model is dying a slow painful death. Only the SEC will be surviving in near itā€™s current form when the 4 SuperConference model is invoked by ESPN. Yeah, ESPN and Disney are running this schitshow and the NCAA is also struggling to be relevant.

4 Likes

I think your last line is the big kicker. This is a fight between ESPN and the NCAA. The only thing ESPN has keeping them relevant is CFB. So if they can get exclusive rights to the CFB playoff like they have now, and get the SEC to become the only watchable conference in CFB then they have a monopoly on the market. I think theyā€™re fighting like heck to make that happen because nobody watches sports center like they used to and no body wants to watch the other crap they put on ESPN now so they have to soak up all of the market share why they have a chance because if FOX and CBS decide they want to pony up and cut into that market ESPN is going to be in a bad way.

3 Likes

Right, Iā€™m not being all spitefull. Our chances of getting into the big12 championship game is better.

1 Like

I agree with most of that except smu, tulsa, and Memphis. After OU and Texas is gone the big12 needs to find a way to make up for revenue loss. I would beg Notre Dame to come to the Big12 I know about the ties to the ACC. I donā€™t like the idea of super conferences with 16 teams. Really bothersome with what ESPN is doing. Iā€™m a capitalists but I feel like they are going to kill college football and hurt abunch of other programs.

2 Likes

I like that

1 Like

ā€˜Collegeā€™ football, as we who grew up in the sixties and seventies knew it, is already dead. RIP.

Players can get paid (openly) and a letter of intent means less than nothing and coaches are zillionaires even if they get firedā€¦ :shushing_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :roll_eyes:

GO POKES!!

2 Likes

So what youā€™re saying is that we beat a team that was basically on the same level as last yearā€™s TCU team that we lost to when we had Cade? You have just proven my point further Roberto. Thanks!!!

Stop Joey

1 Like

Texas has basically ruined two or three conferences. Why OU would hitch their wagon to them beats the hell outa me. Too many people are saying conference realignment isnā€™t over, they say it will reshuffle in a couple of years.
Texas ran Nebraska off, much of the cause aTm, and Missouri, the pie wasnā€™t distributed equally
The goon board , half of them are already wanting to know if they can back out on the ESecPN deal now

2 Likes

What they have done is legalized what had already been going on only to a bigger scale. The difference in the haves and had nots will only get biggerā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

I fully realizeā€¦ we used to joke that Terry Miller was driving around campus in a gifted Beetle while Billy Sims had a Corvette!! (and no, never saw what either was actually driving. lol)

1 Like

ALL conferences w/ 12 teams and over are split into divisions. How are they gonna decide who plays in the conference championship game under your idea???

So did the doofus before him, Beebe!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why they should PUNISH zerOU and Poor Bevo and put them in the East. :rofl: :joy: :sob:

2 Likes

Keep the rivalries between schools like ISU and KSU or bedlam and then try to create a schedule that is roughly the same strength for everyone. Two best records get in the CCG.

1 Like

You need to play everyone in your bracket and three games against the other bracket and rotate them every other year to be fair

1 Like

Sure did !! Let Texas rule the conference

2 Likes

West Virginia will eventually tuck tail and run. They would never win another game. They canā€™t beat oSu. I have a friend that is a wvu fan and he hates oSu for that reason.

3 Likes

I canā€™t see us and zerOU no longer scheduling Bedlam but then again new oSu prez and AD arenā€™t very happy with the Land Squatters.

1 Like