Report: Big 12 No Longer Interested in Merger with Pac-12

Originally published at: Report: Big 12 No Longer Interested in Merger with Pac-12 | Pistols Firing

The Pac-12 is running out of options.

1 Like

Im glad that was over. I hope the 2 az schools and Colorado not come either

1 Like

If I was the commish, the only way I would favor a full merger with the PAC would be with a graduated pay scale. First year could be all equal, but each subsequent year would be graduated payments based on how your school finished in the conference. So, with a 22-team conference you would split the payout 22 ways, with the conference champion getting the biggest percentage, and so-on down the line.

1 Like

Agree, take Utah and Oregon, then let it ride for a year and see what happens with the ACC. We need to fill out the Eastern half of the conference before adding more than two PAC schools.

1 Like

The two biggest fish in the remaining PAC 12 are Oregon & Washington. Read between the lines here folks. This tells you that those 2 programs aren’t currently interested in the Big 12 & won’t be. If they were, the Big 12 would be interested. The fact that the Big 12 has walked away from those discussions……tells you that Oregon & Washington have their eyes set elsewhere. That elsewhere in my opinion is the Big 10. We shall see.

Lol like usual you have a gunny take.
Big 12 walked away from the pac 12.
The teams in the pac12 are going to then see what the 10 is worth.
2 things we will see happen.
Noter dame doesnt get 75 million in their new deal.
How lil the pac 12 is worth.

If noter dame gets 75 million that may open space for those two. The problem is they would have room now if the big 10 wanted them.

This is my obligatory Memphis post .

1 Like

Well, Oregon and Washington may have eyes for the BIG 10 but does the BIG 10 have eyes for them? According to some reports, Oregon and Washington do not bring in enough value to warrant their inclusion into the BIG 10.
Now if that’s true, What other options do they have?

1 Like

No sir, I don’t think RIGHT NOW that the Big 10 wants Oregon/Washington. I agree with you. But it doesn’t do Oregon/Washington any good to go from one bad Conf (PAC) to another bad conf (BIG 12). People aren’t gonna move just for the sake of moving.

1 Like

the XII isn’t bad, chill out @KetchupSicle

2 Likes

Pac 12 is not a bad conf. They are now a dead conference. So when there tv comes in at 22 million, Oregon and washington is going to hitch their wagons up to the pac12. When will big10 want them. Oregon and washington could help the big 12 get to 50 million.

You’re right. My apologies. I fully expect a plethora of dollars to flow with what the major TV deal for a Conf of OSU, Cincinnati, BYU & Baylor will bring. That marquee matchup in the Conf will be………who?

We all know the big 12 numbers will go down. Which is the marquee game now it was bedlam. Osu cant make up the uo and texas numbers. But, tell me people in cincy will watch if osu come to town. Not 5 million but alot more then tulane. That works for all the games.
The osu tech game had more then ucla and usc.

1 Like

Don’t watch. Pretty simple.

@KetchupSicle

1 Like

The big twelve conference is just a mid major as it stands. It’s not any good compared to the other two. It’s just a fact. Listen…you know what kind of kid the third best conference is going to attract??? Nothing close to sniffing a deep run in a playoff. We will be further away than we are now competing for a title. Better hope when it’s all said and done that there will be only two conferences in the end.

1 Like

It’s a hard pill to swallow but it’s the truth.

Oh I will. I can’t wait for that triple header of TCU-UCF, followed by that KState-Houston thriller, and then the nightcap of Cincinnati-Baylor in front of 25,000 to wrap it up. This isn’t the CheezIt Bowl or the Mayo Bowl…….it’s the new Big 12.

2 Likes

Someone that can speak some truth. Thank goodness for realistic fans like us two

Can’t do something so simple?

Iron sharpens Iron.

oh, and uo and texass haven’t won a nc in a combined 39 years.

@KetchupSicle

“Iron sharpens iron”………what iron is there now!!! I find it comical that you dump on OU/TX for not winning a Nat title. OU has DOMINATED this Conf……but you are correct. They have not won a Nat Title since 2000.