Report: OSU Cowboy Back Jelani Woods Enters Transfer Portal

As you suggest it is not only Sander’s inability to sequence through his reads, it is also the reluctance of the coaches to add more plays to their menu…and call those plays.

you guys act like Wallace never drops one. or Stoner or Wolf.
I can’t tell you how many times i’ve screamed at the TV - “THROW IT TO THE BIGGEST HUMAN ON THE FIELD!!!”.
But our offense is either hail mary passes to Wallace or runs up the middle. There is no in-between. go back and watch the TCU highlights if you can stomach it. Bomb, 2yd run up middle, repeat.

4 Likes

We take the best players we can get, then we develop them, then we bench them, then they transfer.

We take players that aren’t as good, they carry the Cowboy Culture torch, they get to play, and they’re here forever.

Then people still want to keep Gundy and wonder why we don’t play for conference titles any longer.

By far the best line written on this site in the last 4 years. 1 million :heart:

2 Likes

I can’t agree with this comment more. It’s been one of my primary complaints about Sanders. If WR1 isn’t open, he either runs it or throws an errant pass

1 Like

Isn’t it the job of the coaches to come up with a play to get a receiver open? Maybe even fool the defense.

1 Like

Another classic failure of Gundy to use talent correctly. We supposedly have had this embarrassment of riches at receiver, yet whenever Tylan couldn’t play we became helpless.

2 Likes

I don’t know if he can block, but the juco TE that just signed is a skilled receiver.

Kind of like how Mike Gundy watched Bobby Reid, Zac Robinson, Alex Cate, Brandon Weeden, Spencer Sanders, and Shane Illingworth. We all seen the results from those Quarterback decisions thus far.

1 Like

This topic did bring out alot of peeps. Not sure why he is going. But Sanders has left him open alot. Missed catches and blocks. It’s not a high recruit area, because the walk ons. He grew to much to qb. Not really going to kill us. So, hope he does great don’t know why h is bbn couldn’t get his cheesit.

Like the 100 yrds gamesstoner had last yr. Oh what the 3rd most yes stoner get. Jon u do know when Wallace is out only 1 game a receiver didnt get 100 yds.

Joe thanks for sticking up for the qbs

Let’s just wait and see who snags Woods off the portal. He’s from Georgia so I’m sure Kirby Smart will be the first to call. Of course Dabo might try to lure him across the border to SC, and Florida’s All-American TE has declared, so maybe Mullen will call. Surely all these intelligent coaches recognize how much of an idiot Gundy has been, and have had Woods on speed dial just waiting for this moment.

Those coaches actually coach like they want to win a championship. I don’t seem to recall any of them punting from their opponent’s 39 yard line against their biggest rivals. One thing is for sure they will get him to the NFL. Did you ever notice how we have lower draft picks or unsigned players from OSU going to the NFL and all of a sudden becoming solid and legitimate NFL players? I wonder if that has to do with coaching or if those players all of a sudden decided to be good once they got to the NFL.

Coaching and development. We get the three stars and develop them. Jarwin is a perfect example. A walk-on who kept working to earn playing time, then to become a starter, then to become a difference maker, then to be an UDFA, then to make the practice squad, and then the 53 man roster, and finally the starter. If you think it’s because we were benching known NFL talent, think again.

Listen, we should have beat both Texas and TCU. And we probably would have if Bray and Farrell hadn’t been knuckleheads, and if we hadn’t had a LOT of injuries. But we still should have beat them. I get frustrated at a lot of coaching decisions, but Woods had chances to prove himself and he struggled to make an impact. Him entering the portal isn’t going to kill us.

1 Like

Name how many of r portal guys have gone to a blue blood school. If the didnt go to a bb school out of hs why would they want a none producing kid now. U and ur yodeling friend couldn’t coach a jr high thumb wrestle team.

The question is: will Woods surpass his career totals at his next school in 1 season.
31 rec, 361 yards, 4 TDS.
I think he might surpass all those numbers.

Gundy after no adjustments in the second half of the TCU game: “We don’t change much.”

Let Woods play in an offense that includes 5-8 yd routes for the tight end and see what he does.

TD’s, yes, he will surpass. Yards and catches will be a bit tougher. Depends on the situation he transfers into.

Your correct. Doesn’t really affect the team much when the coaches rarely design any plays for him and don’t utilize him in other ways. Guess we’ll just continue to stick with our three usual plays: run up the middle, bubble screen, and bombing deep.

1 Like